Security is going beyond the edge and adding different authentication methods to avoid account hacking. So windows came up with Windows Hello, a biometrics-based technology that enables Windows 11 users to log into windows with alternative methods such as fingerprint, facial recognition and iris scan.
Many threats and cyberattacks target windows, so to enhance their security, windows introduced windows Hello to minimize the use of traditional authentication methods such as passwords.
It is easy to use Fingerprint Recognition in Windows, but some drawbacks force users to disable or remove Fingerprint Recognition Sign-in with Windows 11. Once you set up fingerprints and face recognition as your sign-in option. You need to use your fingerprint and face to sign in; otherwise, it is impossible.
If you have multiple fingerprints added to your windows 11 and want to remove one of them, then my friend, you need to remove all of them. So there are different scenarios where users are irritated by these features while working. So here below, you can see how you can easily remove Fingerprints from Windows Hello in windows 11.
Steps to Remove Fingerprint Recognition Sign-in with Windows 11
- Open windows settings by pressing Windows + I key or you can go to setting from the start menu options.
- Now you can see the windows settings pane, now select Accounts from the left menu. then click on Sign-in options.
- After that, you will see all the sign-in options in it. Under the Ways to sign in, click on Fingerprint recognition (Windows Hello) to expand it.
- Now you need to click on the Remove button to disable the Fingerprint recognition (Windows Hello) option in windows 11.
Disabling Biometric Devices Via Device Manager
There are multiple ways to disable Biometric in windows 11. Using a device manager is one of the easiest ways to do it. You can use simply disable the hardware device that operates Biometric work. Let’s jump into the steps.
- Press Windows + R Key to open windows run dialog box and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. you can also use windows search features to find the device manager.
- Now device manager will open, now you have to locate Biometric Devices in the device manager. right-click on it, and select Disable.
- This will disable all biometric functions in your windows until you turn back into enable.
That’s all you can easily add or remove Fingerprint Recognition Sign-in with windows 11. We listed all the possible ways to disable it in windows 11. If you face any issues with this, you can comment below.