Many times you may find the need to take a screenshot on your PC. The option to take screenshots has been there in Windows for a very long time now, Microsoft has added various options to take a screenshot on the latest Windows 11.
If you are new to Windows 11, you may probably don’t know how to take a screenshot. Taking a screenshot isn’t much rocket science and if you don’t know how to do that, then this article will be your guide to help you with it. In this article, we will be discussing various ways to take a screenshot in Windows 11.
Best Ways to Take Screenshots on Windows 11
There are various ways to capture your screen on Windows 11. You can use the keyboard shortcut, snipping tool, and the Xbox game bar to do so. Below are all the ways you can take a screenshot on your Windows 11 PC.
1. Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Prt Scr Key
It is the quickest and easiest way to take a screenshot in Windows 11. Press the Prt Sc key on your keyboard. This will copy the screen rather than save it in image form. You will now have to paste it somewhere. You can open the Paint app, paste the screenshot there, and save it in image form.
Windows + Prt Scr Key Combo
You can also press Windows + Prt Scr key combo to take an entire screen screenshot in the form of an image. It will save your image to a Pictures/Screenshots folder on your computer.
Alt +Prt Scr Key Combo
Alt + Prt Scr key combo will help you take a screenshot of a particular window instead of the entire screen you are viewing. However, this won’t save the image but will copy it to your clipboard. You can paste it into the Paint app and save it from there.
2. Using Snipping Tool
The snipping tool is the in-built application in Windows 11 to take a screenshot. To use Snipping Tool to take screenshots in Windows 11, follow the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu, search for Snipping Tool and open it.
- Click on the New Button in the upper left corner to take a new screenshot.
- You will see different options for taking screenshots- Rectangular Snip, Free-form Snip, Windows Snip, and Full-screen Snip.
- Select the option as per your preference, and then take a screenshot.
- You will now get a notification of the screenshot. Click on that notification to open it.
- Press Ctrl + S key combo to save the screenshot. You can either paste it somewhere else without having to save it.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut Windows + Shift + S key combo to use the Snipping Tool on your Windows 11 PC.
3. Use The Xbox Game Bar
You can also use the Xbox Game bar to take a screenshot and screen recording. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key and search for Xbox Game Bar and open it. You can either press Windows + G key combo to open it.
- Click on the Camera icon on the app to take a screenshot.
These were the various ways to take a screenshot on Windows 11 PC. The best way of all will be to use the Snipping tool or press the Windows + Shift + S key combo to take the screenshot. This gives you the flexibility to take screenshots as per your requirement.