For the safety of PCs, users usually prefer antivirus and one of the most popular antivirus software is Avast. This protects users from online threats like phishing, hacking, and spam, as well as offline threats like viruses and malware.
However, using antivirus software may not always be on the positive side. Sometimes, you may face issues with it, like the antivirus software may block the files from downloading.
Recently, many users have reported that Avast is preventing file download on their PC. Generally, antivirus software prevents users from downloading files that may be malicious. But due to some error/bugs, the antivirus software may conflict with all the files and prevent you from downloading them.
This issue can arise due to outdated installation software, bugs in the system, and various other reasons. We have listed some troubleshooting steps down below to stop Avast from blocking the download of the file.
Ways to Stop Avast from Blocking Files Download
If Avast is preventing you from downloading any file, then you can fix this issue by following the steps given below-
1. Disable Antivirus Software
The first method to stop Avast from blocking the files from downloading is to disable antivirus auto-protection. For that, the steps are given below-
- On the left corner of the taskbar of your PC, right-click on the Avast icon and then click on Avast Shield Control.
- Now, click on Disable for 10 minutes to disable the antivirus. Check if you can download the file or not.
2. Update Antivirus to Latest Version
Many times, the issue may be faced due to outdated antivirus software. You should try updating the software, and this should most probably fix the issue. This can be done by the steps given below-
- On the notification bar, right-click on the Avast Antivirus icon and then and then click on Update > Program.
- Now click on the Check for updates option.
- This will search for the updates. Download and install the updates.
- Wait until the Avast gets updated and then restart your PC.
3. Reduce Avast Shield Sensitivity
The next method user can go for is to reduce Avast shield sensitivity. This will reduce the scanning of files while they are downloaded, and you will be able to download the files without any issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu, search for Avast Antivirus and open it.
- Then, click on the Protection section and select the Core shields option.
- Now, slide the slider to the lowest sensitivity. Once done, you should be able to download the files.
4. Repair Avast Antivirus
Another method the user can try is to repair the avast installation program. You can repair Avast antivirus by following the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + X key combo, and click on the Apps and Features option.
- Search for Avast here. Click on the three dots next to it and click on Uninstall Options.
- Now you can see the avast uninstall wizard, click on Repair and then follow the on-screen instructions to repair the app.
5. Disable HTTPS Scanning
This Avast can also be stopped from blocking the download of the file by disabling the HTTPS scanning option. For this, the steps are given below-
- Press Windows + S key combo, search for and open Avast Antivirus.
- In the Protection section, click on Core Shields.
- Under the Configure Shielf Settings, click on the Web shield.
- Uncheck the checkbox for Enable HTTPS Scanning.
If Avast is blocking files from being downloaded on your PC, this article will help you fix it. After following these troubleshooting steps, you should no longer face the issue. Lastly, you can uninstall the antivirus and use alternative antivirus software if you still face the issue.