Twitch is a streaming platform that allows content creators to stream with their viewers. When the streamer goes live, the Twitch notification tells the users immediately without any delay. Users have reported that many times Twitch notifications are not working. Users have said that when their favorite streamers go live, they do not get the Twitch notification for it.
So why is it that Twitch Notifications may not be working? It can be due to various reasons such as inactive email, Twitch notifications disabled, the issue with the browser, etc. Luckily, there are some troubleshooting methods that you can follow to fix Twitch notifications not working.
Ways to Fix Twitch Notifications Not Working
Given below are various reasons to help fix the issue with Twitch notifications-
1. Troubleshoot Twitch Live Notifications
If the Twitch notifications are not working, then the user can follow the steps given below –
- Click on this link to head to Twitch’s official website. Here, sign in to your account if you are accessing the site for the first time.
- Next, click on your Avtar in the top right corner, and then click on Settings.
- Then, select the Notification option.
- Expand the On Twitch section here, and then turn on the toggle for Live Notifications if it is disabled.
- Next, turn off the toggle for Smart Notifications.
2. Troubleshooting Twitch Sub Notifications
If you are facing issues with the sub notifications of Twitch then you can follow the steps given below to fix it-
Clear Cached Data Of Browser
Try clearing the cache of the browser to fix the issue you have been facing. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open Chrome on your PC.
- Press the Shift + Control + Delete key to open the Clear Browsing Data window.
- Check the checkbox for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files here.
- Click on the Clear Data button to clear the browser’s cache.
Reset the Browser
If clearing the browser’s cache doesn’t fix the issue, reset the browser. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner to open Chrome’s menu. Here, click on Settings.
- Scroll down, click on the Advanced option, then click on the Reset and clean up option.
- Now, click on Restore settings to their original defaults and Reset settings.
Change Your Browser
If you still face Twitch’s sub notification issues, you should try changing your browser. If you have been using Chrome, try switching to another browser. For instance, you can switch to Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox and then check if you face the error on another browser or not.
3. Troubleshoot Twitch Email Notifications
If you are not getting Twitch Email Notifications, then you can follow the steps given below to troubleshoot it-
Reset Email Address
The very first thing that you can do is reset the Email Address. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Head to the Twitch website and log in to your account.
- On the top right corner, click on Avatar and Settings.
- Here, click on Security and Privacy section.
- Click on the Edit icon right next to your email.
- Now, add another email address here and click on Save. You will have to verify the new email address that you added.
- Now, follow the same steps to add your old email address.
- You will get the Twitch email notifications now.
Re-enable Email Notifications
If you can still not get email notifications from Twitch, try re-enabling the notifications. You can do that by following the steps given below-
- Open your browser and head to the Twitch website. Ensure you are logged into it.
- Click on the Avtar in the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Head to the Notifications section.
- Expand the By Email section and now turn on the toggle for All Emails.
4. Troubleshoot Twitch Resub Notification
If you are facing an issue with the Twitch Resub notification, then you can troubleshoot it by following the steps given below-
Clear Cache Of Browser
Try clearing the cache of the browser. The article above mentions the step-by-step process to clear the browser’s cache. You can follow them to clear the cache of the browser. If that doesn’t help, we would recommend you switch your browser and use Twitch on it.
Contact Twitch Support
If you still face the issue, then you should contact Twitch Support. You can contact Twitch support by creating a ticket. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Twitch Support.
- There, describe your issues and enter the credentials.
- Send the ticket and your query will be answered.
The following article explains how to fix twitch notifications not working. If Twitch Notifications are not working for you, then you can follow the steps mentioned in this article above, and you will be able to fix the issue.