If you are a chrome user, you see various types of errors while opening some websites. That’s because they may be blocked by your ISP or included in your chrome’s block list due to security reasons. Also, sometimes the site you are trying to access is restricted in your region, so it’s not opening.
One of the common reasons this happens is that their SSL is not valid or not use any SSL certificates. So chrome won’t show you that website because, from previous years, Google has pushed all the websites owners to use SSL to secure their websites from cyber security threats.
But if there are local reasons why you cannot access some of the common websites such as Facebook, youtube, and Google. Because your administrator may block these websites with some third-party tool or host file, you can find the best ways to unblock websites on chrome below.
List of Best Ways to Unblock Websites on Google Chrome
1. Disable Windows Firewall
If you are using Windows OS, it is probably because your windows firewall is activated and blocks some websites. To resolve this issue, you can find a step-by-step guide to disable your windows firewall.
- Open Windows Settings > Privacy & Security.
- After that, click on Windows Security > Open Windows Security.
- Select Firewall & Network Protection > Public Network option.
- Now toggle the Public Firewall to OFF button. It will show you the warning messages. Just turn it off and save settings.
2. Bypass Chrome Warning Message Screen
chrome perform a security check on every website you open. So if chrome thinks that this website is harmful to you because it has some ads, malware, or hidden viruses, it will show you this message Your connection is not private. The site ahead contains harmful programs. You just need to follow simple steps to bypass this screen.
- Firstly, on the error page, click on the Details button.
- Now, select the Visit this site link. Once you hover to the link, you will be redirected to the website ignoring the warning message.
The above steps work for every platform of Google chrome on MAC or PC. If certain websites are blocked at your workplace, college or schools, you can follow these steps as are mentioned above to remove websites that are blocked by administrators.
Once you’ve completed your task, you can keep your settings in the default setting as it was previously and apply the same procedure in reverse. If you encounter any issues, contact us and we’ll assist you.