US Department of Defense has released an Entity list under the National Defense Authorization Act, that claims companies related closely to the Chinese Military! The list was finally publicized after 20 years and contains 20 Chinese companies including Huawei, Chinese Telecommunications, and Hikvision. These can now be threatened by Trump’s administration to face sanctions.
Firms Linked to Chinese Military
After accusing Huawei of months for being a spy, Trump’s administration now announces 19 more companies that are linked to the Chinese Military. The list was prepared back in 1999 by the Department of Defense and got clearance now to be published publicly. The list contains 20 Chinese companies, that could be facing more heat of sanctions through the US.
- Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC)
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC)
- China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC)
- China Electronics Technology Group Corporation
- China South Industries Group Corporation (CSGC)
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC)
- China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC)
- China North Industries Group Corporation (Norinco Group)
- Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (Hikvision)
- Inspur Group
- Aero Engine Corporation of China
- China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
- CRRC Corp.
- Panda Electronics Group
- Dawning Information Industry Co (Sugon)
- China Mobile Communications Group
- China General Nuclear Power Corp.
- China National Nuclear Corp.
- China Telecommunications Corp.
Putting them under entity list means they’re subjected to obtaining licenses for doing business with any US companies. This was experienced by Huawei since last year, where the OEM is disconnected from many US firms and is subjected to many baseless accusations. A former intelligence official said, “All of them are the ‘usual suspects’. Some have ties to [Ministry of State Security] but all also operate as ‘autonomous collectors.”