Have a T-Mobile phone or Sprint phone and see the Carrier Hub app on it? This app is present on all the phones from T-Mobile and Sprint. Ever wondered what this app is and what it does?
If you are here on this guide to know what is Carrier Hub app then you are at the right place. In this article, we will guide you through what is this Carrier Hub App, what it does, and everything else related to it.
What is the Carrier Hub App?
You get the Carrier Hub app on Android phones that are on T-Mobile or Sprint network. This app enables features like VoWi-Fi on Android phones. If you get a phone on lease from T-Mobile or Sprint network, then this app will be preinstalled on your device. If the app is not pre-installed then you will be asked to install it to access VoWi-Fi features.
Not only this app is used for accessing features like VoWi-Fi but it can also be used by T-Mobile or Sprint customer support to assist you with fixing network-related errors you face on your device. Also, this app can be used for tracking the total data usage of your phone.
Is Carrier Hub App Necessary?
No, it is not compulsory to have the Carrier Hub app on your phone. Your device will work fine without this app even if you are running on a T-Mobile/Sprint network. You only need to have this app if you want to use the VoWi-Fi feature or if you want some assistance from the customer support executive regarding the network issues on your phone.
Is Carrier Hub App Harmful for Phones?
As such Carrier Hub is not harmful for devices. Many people wonder if this app has some kind of virus or malicious code but that is not true. This app is completely safe to be installed on your phone.
Though the app does not have any kind of virus or malware, it can often result in battery drain, high data consumption, and declining performance of the phone. Carrier Hub is resource resource-intensive app so it may consume more RAM, battery, and processor than the other apps.
Should I Uninstall the Carrier Hub App?
As we already discussed the Carrier Hub app is not a virus so you need not uninstall it. However, if you find it to be consuming a lot of your phone’s resources then you can consider uninstalling it.
You can uninstall the Carrier Hub app like you uninstall any other app on your phone. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the App Drawer and tap and hold the Carrier Hub app.
- Now, tap on Uninstall/Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm uninstalling the app; tap on Uninstall/delete again.
If the Carrier Hub was preinstalled on your phone then you will not be able to uninstall it through the above steps. In that case, you will have to either disable it or uninstall it using the ADB. To disable the Carrier Hub app, follow the steps given below-
- Tap and hold the Carrier Hub app icon on the app drawer and then tap on the i icon to open the App Info screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and then tap on Disable.
If you don’t want to disable the app but want to uninstall it using the ADB method then you can follow the steps given below for that-
- Open your phone’s Settings app, and head to About Phone.
- Look for Build Number here, and tap on it 5-6 times repeatedly until you see the ‘You are now a developer’ message at the bottom.
- Head back to the Settings menu, and tap on Developer Options.
- Here, turn on the toggle next to USB Debugging.
- Click on this link and from the Downloads section, download the SDK Platform Tools.
- Head to the folder where the file has been downloaded, right-click on the file, and then click on Extract Here.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable. If asked to enable USB debugging on the phone, do it.
- Open the SDK platform-tools folder, click on the address bar at the top, type CMD and press Enter. This will open Command Prompt within the SDK platform-tools folder.
- Now, execute the command adb devices in the terminal. It should display the serial number of your device which means your device is successfully connected to your PC.
- After this execute the following command to uninstall the Carrier Hub app-
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.Sprint.ms.smf.service
What to do if the Carrier Hub App is Not Working?
Facing issues with the Carrier Hub app? This app is required if you want to use VoWi-Fi on your phone. If this app fails to launch or starts showing some problem then you won’t be able to use the Carrier Hub app. Below are a few things that you can do if you are facing issues with this app-
1. Close All Apps
The first thing to do if the Carrier Hub app starts showing problems is to close all the apps running on your phone. Sometimes, third-party apps can cause some glitches with the app and it may start showing problems. Close all the apps from the recent apps screen and then try running the Carrier Hub app.
2. Restart Your Phone
If closing all the apps didn’t solve the issue then you can try restarting your phone. Press and hold the Power button and then tap on Restart to restart your device.
Once your phone restarts, try launching the Carrier Hub app again and see if that fixes the issue.
3. Update your Phone’s Software
If you are still facing the issue then it can be due to your phone running on outdated system software. Check for software updates on your phone and install any updates if available. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Open the Settings app on your Phone.
- Now, tap on the Software Update option.
- After this tap on Download and Install.
- Your device will check for updates.
- Install any update if available.
Note- The above steps work only for Samsung devices. If you have any other phone then the steps to update the system software on it may be different.
That’s all about the Carrier Hub app. We hope this article cleared all your doubts about the Carrier Hub app, and what it is used for. Also, if you face any problem with this app then you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.