PayPal is a popular payment platform that you can use to send or receive payments internationally. You can link your PayPal to your bank account to transfer payment.
One of the essential requirements to make transactions on PayPal is to verify your account. With account verification, you won’t be able to send funds to someone or withdraw funds already in your wallet.
However, account verification on PayPal is a tricky part. If you are facing a problem with PayPal account verification or don’t know how to do it then this article will guide you with it.
How to Verify the PayPal Account?
You will need your bank account as well as your debit/credit card to verify your PayPal account. Once you have them both, you can continue with the steps given below to verify your PayPal account-
- Head to the PayPal website on your browser.
- You will be asked to enter your login credentials. Type in the required details and click on Log In.
- Click on the Payment Methods at the top.
- You will see two buttons- Link a Bank and Link a Card. Click on the Link a Bank button.
- After this, you will be asked to enter the IFSC code and Account Number. Once done, click on Link your Bank.
- After this, click on the Link a Card button.
- Enter your card details including card number, card type, expiry date, security code, and billing address. Click on the Link Card button to link your card.
To link your card, you must enable International transactions for the card you are trying to add. When linking a bank, PayPal will send some amount to your bank for the verification process. You will have to enter the amount received in your bank to verify the bank account.
Troubleshoot Issues with Verifying Account
Problems with account verification can occur often especially if you have tried adding your bank account multiple times or if your bank is declining the verification payment sent by PayPal. Due to such issues, you will not be able to add your bank account to PayPal for the verification process. Here’s what you can do to troubleshoot the verification account-
1. Check Details
The first thing to do if you are having issues verifying your account is to check your details. This issue can often be encountered if the bank account or card details you are trying to enter are incorrect. Verify your account details whether they are correct or not and then retry again.
2. Wait for Sometime
If you have recently tried adding your bank account or card but it was unsuccessful, then PayPal will temporarily disable your account. In that case, you can wait for a few days and then try adding your account again. Wait for 3-5 days before you verify your account again, or else PayPal will throw an error again.
3. Ensure Bank Account is Not Linked to Another PayPal Account
You can also face issues with PayPal account verification if your bank account or card is already added to some other PayPal account. In that case, remove the bank account or card from another PayPal account and then try adding it to your account.
4. Contact PayPal Customer Support
If you are still facing issues with verifying your PayPal account then you can contact PayPal customer support and ask them to add your Bank account and verify it on your behalf. Here’s how to do so-
- Head to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of PayPal and click on the Contact button.
- Next, select the Account Profile and Set Up option.
- Select the Bank Account option from the list of reasons.
- After this, select Problems Adding a Bank Account.
- Scroll down on the page and click on Message Us.
- You will be talking to PayPal Assistant, you can simply tell them to connect with the customer support agent.
- Tell the customer support agent about the issue you have been facing and that you want them to add your bank account.
- You will have to submit a photo of your Bank’s passbook or your recent statement and the support agent will do the job for you.
Before you can send or receive funds on your PayPal account you will have to verify your account by adding your bank and your card. You can follow the steps given above to verify your PayPal account.
Also, we have listed some troubleshooting steps to fix issues with PayPal account verification. You can follow the troubleshooting steps in case you aren’t able to verify your PayPal account.