Do you have an issue connecting your headphones to your Windows 11 PC? If yes, then there is no need to worry about it. This article will tell you why this issue can occur and the various ways to fix it properly.
Many people use wired headphones over Bluetooth headphones. Though Bluetooth headphones are much more convenient, wired headphones offer better sound with less latency. Moreover, you can easily connect them to your PC without going into your Bluetooth settings. But what if Windows 11 does not recognize your wired headphones?
If Windows 11 does not recognize wired headphones, it may be because of various reasons, including cable being not appropriately connected or the cable is damaged, outdated audio drivers, and numerous others. In this article, we will be discussing various ways to fix Windows 11 not recognizing Wired Headphones.
Also Read- Best Portable Antivirus Software For Windows
Fix Windows 11 Not Recognizing Wired Headphones
If your Wired headphones are not recognized by your Windows 11 PC, then you can follow the steps given below-
1. Connect Your Headphones Properly
If the headphones are not correctly connected, you may face this issue. In that case, you should first ensure that the cable is connected correctly to your PC. If it is appropriately connected but is not working, restart your PC. This should probably fix the issue, but if you still encounter it, you should move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
2. Run Audio Troubleshooter
You can run the audio troubleshooter to fix the issue. For this, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- Here in the System tab, click on Troubleshoot option.
- Next, click on the Other troubleshooters option.
- Now, search for the Playing Audio option and click on the Run button next to it.
- Once done, restart your PC to save the changes and see if you still face the issue or not.
3. Update Your Audio Drivers
The issue can arise if your audio driver is not updated. In that case, you need to update it. To update audio drivers, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + X key combo and then from the menu, click on the Device Manager option and open it.
- There expand the Audio inputs and outputs option by double-clicking on it.
- Right-click on your headphones, and then select the Update Driver.
- There, click on Search automatically for drivers. This will automatically update your audio driver to the latest version.
- Then, restart your PC and try to connect your wired headphones.
4. Set the Headphones as Default Sound Output
You can also fix this issue by setting the headphones as a default sound output. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On your taskbar, right-click on the Sound icon and then click on Sound Settings.
- There, in the output section, select your Headphones.
- Now, test your headphones if they are working or not.
5. Update Windows
This issue can also arise due to outdated Windows. Try updating Windows and then see if you still face the issue or not. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings.
- Head to the Windows Update section from the left sidebar.
- Now on the right side, click on Check for Updates.
- Download and install all the updates your PC finds.
- Once done, restart your PC to apply the changes.
In this article, we have discussed some methods to fix the issue of Windows 11 not recognizing wired headphones. If you follow the practices described above, you can fix the issue you have been facing with wired headphones.