Clipboard stores information that you have copied. Anything you copied will be stored in Clipboard, which you can then access by pressing Windows + V key combo. Upon pressing the key combo, you will see the clipboard dialog box on your screen, which will have text, images, documents, or any other file you copied.
This data can be accessed from the clipboard while using your PC. Though a useful feature, anyone can see what you copied from the clipboard. This can be a privacy concern if you don’t want anyone to see your copied data.
So how can you clear clipboard history so no one can access it? There are various ways to clear clipboard history in Windows 11, which we will discuss in this article.
Also Read- Ways to Optimize Windows 11 for Better Gaming Performance
Clear Clipboard History in Windows 11
Clipboard history will be cleared when you restart your PC. However, if you don’t want to restart your PC but want to clear the clipboard history in Windows 11, then let me tell you there are various ways to do so. Given below are some ways to help clear clipboard history in Windows 11.
From the App
The very first way to clear the clipboard is from the app. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, press the Windows + V key combo to open Clipboard on your PC.
- Now, click on the Clear All button at the top right corner to clear your clipboard.
Another way to clear the clipboard history on your Windows 11 PC is from the Settings. For that, the steps are given below-
- Open Windows 11 Settings app by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- Here, in the System section, click on Clipboard. Click on the Clear button next to the Clear Clipboard Data section to clear the history.
Through Run Dialog Box
You can also execute the run dialog box command to clear the clipboard history. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + R key combo, and this will open the Run dialog box.
- Here, type cmd /c echo.|clip and press Enter to run the command.
- Doing so will clear the clipboard history.
These were all the ways that can help clear clipboard history in Windows 11. If you don’t want the clipboard to save your copied data, then you can disable the Clipboard feature. Users can disable or enable the Clipboard on their PC whenever they want.