Windows 11 brings various gaming features like Auto HDR, DirectStorage, and others. Optimizing your PC for gaming will be best if you play games on your Windows 11 PC. It will improve your performance while you play games. However, optimizing your PC isn’t as easy as it may seem.
If you don’t know what changes you can make to your PC settings, this article is here to back you up. This article will guide you with specific settings you can change and optimize windows 11 for better gaming performance.
Settings to Change for Better Gaming on Windows 11
Given below are some settings that you can change and that will significantly enhance the gaming performance of your Windows 11.
1. Update Graphics Card Drivers
Updating the graphics driver to the latest version optimizes Windows 11 for gaming. To do so, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Start menu and search for the Device Manager on it.
- Under the Display Adapter section, right-click the graphic card and click on Update driver > Search Automatically for drivers.
- Once the driver is updated, restart your PC and check if you still face the issue.
2. Turn Off the Animation Effect
If the user wants to optimize gaming performance in Windows 11 and wants to run their system smoothly, then they should turn off the animation effect of their system.
Disabling animation effects will make your system slightly faster. The steps to disable the animation effect are as follows-
- Go to the Start menu, search for Settings and open it.
- Select Accessibility from the left sidebar and click on the Visual effects option.
- Next, turn off the toggle appearing next to the Animation effects.
3. Enable Game Mode
Enabling the game mode will also improve the gaming performance of your PC. You can allow game mode on your PC by following the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key to open the Setting app on your PC.
- In the Gaming tab, click on the Game Mode option.
- Turn on the toggle appearing next to the game mode.
- Now, click on the Graphics option.
- Select the game you want to enable Game Mode, click on Options and then click on High Performance. Once done, click on Save.
- Follow step 5 for all the games you play.
4. Try To Use Dedicated GPU Software
Another method to optimize the gaming performance in Windows 11 is dedicated graphics card software. Though it depends on the type of graphics and it differs accordingly, it is an advanced solution. The steps to use the dedicated graphics card software are as follows-
- Open the Graphics card software.
- Open the Settings here.
- There the user can manually adjust the settings.
5. End High CPU Usage Task
Tasks and applications running in the background can highly impact gaming performance. If the tasks running in the background consume much of your CPU or memory, you will see a degraded performance while playing games. You should try ending high CPU usage tasks to improve gaming performance.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combo to open Task Manager.
- Here, click on the CPU or Memory to sort apps by usage.
- Then, select the processes that are not essential or are not currently being used but are utilizing a lot of your CPU resources; click on the End task.
- Repeat the step for all the other processes you want to stop.
6. Change the Power Plan to High Performance
The following setting to change to optimize Windows 11 for better gaming performance is selecting the High-performance power plan. The steps are given as follows-
- Go to the Start menu, search for and open Choose a Power plan.
- There, select the High-performance option.
7. Turn Off Automatic Updates
Updating Windows automatically can be beneficial for the maintenance and security of the system, but when the system suddenly starts updating, it can slow down your gaming experience. In that case, users try to disable the automatic Windows update settings. Give below are the steps to turn off automatic updates-
- Press the Windows+I combo to open the Settings app.
- In the Windows Update section, right next to the Pause Updates, select the period until you want to stop updating.
Above, we listed the best ways to optimize your Windows 11 for better gaming performance. So you can try them one by one, it will definitely solve your problem. we picked the best possible ways to optimize windows 11 PC. If you are a gamer and have another optimized method, let us know in the comments.