In this era, Google made everything easier for you. However, with the Google Smart Lock, you won’t have to remember passwords or security codes. However, this feature is compatible with numerous Android devices, Chromebooks, the Chrome browser, and many more.
Meanwhile, if you wear your smartwatch, then you won’t have to enter the pin whenever you’re nearby your smartphone with this feature. However, talking about Google Chrome and other apps, this feature allows you to avoid or bypass the password prediction game by recalling the passwords you use on your Chrome and applications on your device.
Although this feature is handy, sometimes it may bother you because suppose while you are sleeping and your watch is near your smartphone, then anyone could access your phone. So, you have to disable Google Smart Lock on Android and Chrome, but how? Let’s find out.
Also Read- How To View Your Google Search History
Steps To Disable Google Smart Lock on Android Device
So, you can disable the Google Smart Lock on your Android device using the following instruction as we have mentioned below. Therefore, let’s take a look:
- First of all, open the Chrome app and select the three vertical dots button.
- Then, simply scroll downwards and click on the Settings menu.
- After that, you will have to choose the Passwords option. Then, simply disable the Auto Sign-in icon along with the Save Passwords option.
- That’s it. Now, you will have the option to remove all the passwords you see fit by clicking on their entry.
Steps To Disable Google Smart Lock on Google Chrome
We have already mentioned the necessary steps you can use on your Android device. So, now it’s time to check out the steps to turn off this feature on Google Chrome. Therefore, let’s check out the instructions:
- Initially, launch the Chrome app and tap on the three-dot button.
- Then, tap on the Settings Click on the Autofill option.
- After that, hover to the Manage Passwords options. Then, please tap on the Offer to Save Password to turn it off.
- Then, disable the Auto Sign-in option. Also, don’t forget to clear the browsing history to remove all the traces of all of your previously saved passwords from Chrome.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to disable the Google Smart Lock on Android and Chrome. We are hoping that this article has helped you. But, in case you want to know more about this topic, comment below.