Presently, Mobile hotspot is the most efficient way to connect to the internet on a laptop or computer. Through the Hotspot option, you can connect your network to other devices and other devices can access that network. Connecting your PC or laptop to the Mobile Hotspot is very simple. Enter the mobile Hotspot’s password in the PC’s Hotspot section, and connect to the Network.
Sometimes, users can report the Mobile Hotspot not connecting in Windows 11 PC or laptop as they’d hoped. Several issues were identified that resulted in the Mobile Hotspot not functioning or not connecting in Windows 11. Obsolete Network Adapter Bluetooth and third-party antivirus might cause this problem. Here’s how to fix this issue.
Best Ways to Fix Mobile Hotspot Not Working on Windows 11
The problem could be misconfigured settings, obsolete drivers, or antivirus software. No matter what the cause, the tips below will help you resolve issues with mobile hotspots on Windows 11 or laptops. So, let’s begin.
1. Enable or Disable Flight Mode in Windows 11
Flight mode is one of the oldest ways to solve network settings in smartphones as well as Windows OS. you just need simply turn on the airplane mode so it can disconnect with all the network devices that create issues. Then turn it off to make a fresh connection with your mobile hotspot.
Making a new connection with your devices can solve your Mobile Hotspot Not Working issue on the windows system. If this method does not work well for you, try the next one.
2. Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter
In this method, we can use the windows rebuild troubleshooter to identify network problems. You just need to run a troubleshooter and it will take some time to identify it and show you on the result screen.
- Press Windows + S key to open the search bar where you need to enter troubleshoot settings and open it.
- Now you need to select Other troubleshooters and on the next screen, you have a list of options here you need to locate the Network Adapter.
- After that click on the Run button in front of the Network Adapter and it will start the troubleshooting process.
3. Start Mobile Hotspot Service
Windows has services to perform any task. In our case, there are chances that your mobile hotspot is not working because Mobile Hotspot Service is diable in your windows system. So we need to enable it manually to function as a hotspot.
- Press Windows + R to open the run dialog box where you need to enter services.msc and hit enter button.
- On the next screen, it will open all windows services that running background for proper windows functioning.
- Now you need to locate Windows Mobile Hotspot Service.
- After that right-click on it and click on the start button.
- If that service is already running so be sure once right-click on it and restart that service.
4. Disable Bluetooth
If you have an active connection with some Bluetooth devices so there are possibilities that your hotspot does not connect with your PC properly so ensure that your Bluetooth is diable. below are the steps to Disable Bluetooth.
- Press Windows + I key to open the windows settings page.
- On the left menu, you need to select Bluetooth & devices.
- Now on the next screen, you will see the Bluetooth option on the right pane. just simply toggle it to OFF.
5. Disable Antivirus
Antivirus always acts aggressive when connecting external sources to the system, such as hard drives, memory cards, etc. Sometimes mobile hotspots also become sone and antivirus things that may harm your system, so it refuses to connect between your computer and hotspot.
Whatever antivirus you are using right now, every antivirus has a feature of disabling it for some time. So give it a shot and try to disable your antivirus and then connect your mobile hotspot to your computer. Maybe this tip will help you.
This concludes the most effective methods to solve the mobile hotspot issue that isn’t working in your Windows 11 system. If this article has assisted you in identifying and resolving this problem on your Windows 11 system.
Share this with your friends to help others with their current Windows problems. Always stay tuned for more exciting reads.