Microsoft has released Windows 11 not a long time ago, and it’s refreshing after all the features that we’ve seen from it. In the last few days, Microsoft has rolled out the feature that users will be presented with ads within File Explorer. Absolutely, advertisements aren’t very welcome, be it in the file explorer or any other location within your operating system.
However, the problem is that they do not appear like advertisements at first. They’re more an attempt to promote their goods; to be honest, they aren’t quite as appealing as their creators would like to be.
Windows File Explorer is the system for managing files and Microsoft hasn’t left it unaffected. The advertisements are a complete nuisance to users, just like other advertisements they see on other sites. If you’re also bothered by these ads and would like to remove them as soon as possible, continue going through the following article.
Also Read- How to Disable Windows Defender SmartScreen
Steps to Disable Ads in File Explorer
- Press the Windows + E button to open file explorer and click on the three-dot option on the top bar to see more options.
- Click on Options from the drop-down menu.
- Now you will see a dialog box where you need to switch to View tab.
- Scroll down and uncheck the Show sync provider notifications option from the advanced settings.
- Click on Apply > Ok.
Steps to Disable Other Type of Ads in Windows 11
1. Disable Ads on Lock Screen
- Press Windows + I button to open the windows security app and select Personalization.
- Click on the Lock Screen option on the right pane of Personalization.
- After that, if you have a picture or slideshow then expand that option, you will find options name Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen. just uncheck it to Disable Ads on the Lock Screen.
2. Disable Notification Pop-ups for Ads
- Press Windows + I button to open windows settings.
- Select System > Notifications option.
- Now after clicking on the notification option you will get a list of apps where you need to turn off an app that has names such as Promo.
- After scrolling down and click on Additional settings.
- now settings will expand windows where you need to uncheck Suggest ways to get the most out of Windows and finish setting up this device and Get tips and suggestions when using the Windows option.
3. Disable Device Advertising ID & Suggestions
- Go to start menu > settings alternatively you can press Windows + I key.
- Select Privacy & Security and scroll down click on General under the Windows permissions option.
- Under the general option, you need to toggle off these two options Let apps show me personalized ads using my advertising ID and Show me suggested content in the Settings app.
- That’s it now you successfully disable Personalized and suggestions ads in windows 11.
This is the best guide to Disable various types of Ads in Windows 11, including windows explorer, lock screen, apps, etc. If you face any type of problem while disabling ads in windows 11, let us know in the comment section we can give you a solution as soon as possible.