Remembering the dates is not easy for everyone, which is why the calendar is mainly used. If someone wants to remember any date, then the Google Calendar will surely help them.
You can easily remember the birthdates, appointments, and important events through the calendar. Moreover, Google calendar will remind you of all the important dates you have set.
Windows have its Calendar app known as the Windows Calendar app. However, Google Calendar works only for Android and iOS devices and is not available on Windows. So how can one use Google Calendar on Windows 11?
The user needs to sync the Google Calendar app to the Windows Calendar app, then only they will be able to use Google calendar in Calendar App on Windows 11. The steps for the same are described below in the following article.
Use Google Calendar in Calendar App on Windows 11
To use Google Calendar in the Calendar app on Windows 11, you will have to sync the calendar and manage the Google Sync settings. Given below is the step-by-step guide to do so-
1. Sync Google Calendar Apps To Windows Calendar App
The steps for syncing to the Calendar app on Windows to use the Google Calendar are as follows-
- Go to the Start menu, search for the Calendar app and open it.
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) at the bottom left corner.Note- If the user is using the calendar app for the first time, they must sign in first. Click on Add Account and follow the on-screen instructions to add the account.
- Now, select the Manage account option.
- Next, click on the Add account and select Google.
- You will be headed to the Google Sign-in page. Login to your account using your Google account credentials.
- Click on Allow to give all the permissions.
- A window will appear asking you for your name. Enter your name and click on the Sign in option.
- This will take a few minutes, and Google Calendar will be synced to the Windows Calendar app.
Once done, you can see your dates on the Calendar app. Moreover, you can also create new events directly from the Windows Calendar app.
2. Manage Google Account Sync Settings
When you sync the Google Calendar app to Windows Calendar app, all your details, including your emails and contacts, get synced. You can manage these sync settings and control whether you want emails and contacts to sync or not. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for the Calendar app, and open it.
- Click on the Settings icon at the bottom left corner.
- Here, click on the Manage account option and select your Google account.
- Then, click on the Change mailbox sync settings option.
- Here, you can disable or enable the toggle for Contacts and Email.
- Lastly, click on the Done button to save the changes.
Remove Google Calendar Account from the Calendar App in Windows 11
You can unsync the Calendar if you don’t want to use Google Calendar on the Calendar app of Windows 11. This will remove the Google Calendar app, and the data will no longer be synced. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Calendar app on your Windows 11 PC.
- Head to Settings > Manage Accounts.
- Then, click on the Google Account that you want to remove.
- Next, click the Delete account from this device option.
- At last, click on the Delete button to successfully delete the account.
The above article discusses how you can use the Google Calendar app on Windows 11. We have discussed how you can sync the Google Calendar app to Windows 11 and manage the Calendar. We have also discussed how you can remove the Google Calendar app from Windows Calendar app if you no longer want to use it.