If you have a gaming console like Xbox, it is essential to secure it. Though a password works fine in protecting the user’s account, if anyone has access to your password, they will be able to hack into your account. A strong password isn’t easy to crack, and if you have shared it with anyone previously, they will be able to access your account.
To overcome this, one can enable 2FA on Xbox. 2FA adds an extra layer of security to your account. You will be asked to enter the code or the OTP that you get to access the account. In this article, we will be discussing how you can enable 2FA on Xbox.
How to Enable 2FA on Xbox
You can enable 2FA on Xbox from Microsoft’s official website. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, head to the Microsoft Account Security Page. Users will have to sign into their account if they have not already done that before. Sign into your account using your Microsoft account credentials.
- Here, click on the Advanced Security options.
- Lookout for two-step verification and enable it.
- You will now be asked to enter your two-factor authentication method to allow your login. You can choose a phone number, email address, and authenticator app.
- Phone Number- If you wish to get the login code/OTP on your phone number via text message, you can opt for this option.
- Email address- Selecting this option will get you the login code on your Email address. You can use the code on your mail to login into your account.
- Authenticator App- If you want to use the Authenticator app to verify your login, you can select this option. Microsoft would recommend you use their own Microsoft Authenticator app. However, you can also use other authenticator apps, like Authy, Google Authenticator, and LastPass.
- Now, Microsoft will give you some recovery codes which can be used to access your account. These codes are useful if you don’t have access to the verification method you went for. You can save this code somewhere so you can access it in times of need.
- That’s it, and you are done setting up 2FA on Xbox. Now try logging into your Xbox, and you will be asked to enter the login code after entering your password.
Also Read- How to Enable 2FA on Fortnite
That’s how you can set up 2FA on your Xbox. When you add 2FA to your account, you will be prompted to enter the login code you get on text or email or verify your login using the Authenticator app. This provides an extra security layer and prevents anyone from accessing your account without your permission.
Is There 2FA for Xbox?
Yes, there is 2FA for Xbox, but you cannot set it up directly from the Xbox console. You will have to set up the 2FA on your Microsoft account from your browser, and only then will you be able to use it.
What’s the Benefit of Setting up 2FA?
There are various benefits of setting up 2FA. This prevents unauthorized login to your account, and you are always on the safe side from getting your account hacked.
Can I Set up 2FA on my Phone Number?
When enabling 2FA on Xbox, you will be asked to choose between email, phone number, and the third-party authenticator app. You can use either of these options to set up 2FA. If you want to enable 2FA on your account using your phone number, you can also do that.