Our browser stores details like the websites we visit, saved passwords, bookmarks, etc. These details stored on the browser make browsing easy. However, when you switch to another browser, you must start everything from scratch. So is there a way to overcome starting from the beginning of the new browser you switch?
Yes, the browser allows you to import all your data, including your bookmarks, history, and others. If you are switching from Firefox to Chrome, you can easily import Firefox bookmarks and data to Chrome; let’s discuss how.
Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome
You can import firefox bookmarks directly and indirectly to Google Chrome. We will be discussing both of them ahead in this article-
The chrome browser allows you to import all your bookmarks from any browser, including Firefox. You will be able to import your Firefox bookmarks to Chrome by following the steps given below-
- Open Google Chrome on your desktop or PC
- Click on the Menu icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Bookmark option and the Import bookmarks and settings option.
- From the drop-down menu, select Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the check box next to the Favourite/Bookmark option.
- Now, click on Import to import the data to the Chrome browser.
- Once the data has been imported, you will get a confirmation message; click on Done.
In the indirect method, you will first have to save the Firefox bookmarks as the HTML file and then import the HTML file to the Chrome browser.
This would be a lengthy process, so you should opt for it only if the direct method doesn’t work for you. We will be dividing this method into two parts to make it easier for you to follow-
1. Export Firefox Bookmarks as HTML
Firstly, you will have to export the Firefox bookmarks as HTML files. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Mozilla Firefox, and then click on the Library icon.
- Here, click on Show all bookmarks option.
- Click on Import and Backup and then on Export Bookmarks to HTML.
- Select the location where you want the file to be saved, and then click on Save to save the file.
- Close the Firefox once you have done that.
2. Import HTML File to Google Chrome
Now that you have the HTML file of the bookmarks, you can import it to Chrome. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Google Chrome browser, and then click on the Menu icon (three dots) at the top right corner.
- Now, click on Bookmarks and then on Import Bookmarks and Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select Bookmarks HTML File.
- Now, click on the Choose File option.
- Head to the location where you have saved the HTML file. Select the file, and then click on Open.
- Bookmarks will now be imported to Chrome. After completing the process, you will get a confirmation message; click on Done.
This is how you can import bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome. We have discussed both the direct way as well as indirect ways. You can follow either of the two methods mentioned above, and you will be able to import bookmarks to Google Chrome easily.
It is recommended that you go for the direct method first. If bookmarks are not imported by the direct method, then you should use the indirect method.