To save time, the latest operating system allows you to use RSAT. Through this, you can use certain components faster. RSAT is a feature in the Windows server that allows a device to manage roles and features of the Windows server. It is used for remote management of other computers that are also running in the same operating system.
RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) helps IT administrators control the Windows server roles and features. The user only needs to install RSAT for that, which is an easy task. In this article, we will be discussing various ways to install RSAT on Windows 11.
Also Read- How to Fix the Event ID 41 Error in Windows 11
Ways to Install RSAT on Windows 11
You can install RSAT on Windows 11 through Settings or PowerShell. Given below are various ways to install RSAT on your PC
1. Through Settings
It is the most common way to install RSAT. This method allows the user to see each component while installing. To install RSAT on Windows 11 through Settings, follow the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu, and then from there open Settings.
- Head to the Apps section from the left sidebar, and then click on the Optional Features in it to open it.
- Now, click on the View Features button.
- There, type RSAT in the search tab.
- You will see various RSAT tools here. Select the tool you want to install, and then click on Next.
- Wait until the process is finished. Once done, RSAT will be installed on your PC.
2. Through PowerShell
Another way to install RSAT on Windows 11 is through PowerShell. You can either install all the RSAT tools together or one by one. We will be discussing how you can do that ahead in this article.
Install RSAT Components All Together
To install RSAT components together, follow the steps given below-
- Right-click on Start Menu, and click on Windows Terminal (Admin).
- Type the following command and hit Enter-
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-Windows Capability -Online
- Wait till the process completes and all the RSAT components will be installed.
Install RSAT Components One by One
If you want to install the RSAT components one by one, then the steps are given below-
- Press Windows + X key combo and select Windows Terminal(Admin) option.
- Execute the following command here-
Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name tool-name
- Note- In the given command replace the tool-name with the name of the particular RSAT tool you want to install.
- Then, wait until the process finishes and the component is installed.
Check For The RSAT Features Installed
After installing RSAT, you need to check for the RSAT features that have been installed or the features that are still left to install. For checking the RSAT features on your PC, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + X key combo, and then click on Windows terminal(Admin) from the list that appears.
- Run the following command and press Enter.
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Select-Object -Property DisplayName, State
- After this, a list will appear which will show you all the RSAT components that have been installed on your PC. Through this, you will get to know what RSAT tools have been installed and what have been already installed.
How to Uninstall RSAT on Windows 11 PC
If you no longer want to use the RSAT tools on your PC, then you can uninstall them by following the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for Settings and open it.
- Head to the Apps tab, and then select the Optional features option.
- There under the Installed features section, select the components of RSAT that you want to uninstall.
- Now click on the Uninstall button to uninstall the tool.
- Do the same for all the RSAT components you want to uninstall.
If you want to install RSAT on your device you can go with the steps mentioned in the article and you will be able to do so. We have also discussed how you can uninstall the RSAT tools on Windows 11 PC.