Meta, the company behind Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, has now launched a dedicated Privacy Center for all its operations. This is to educate its customers, says the company, which is made available to a few Facebook desktop users in the US.
As of now, the new section will have topics on five different operations of the company, viz Ade, security, collection, sharing, and use of user data. Also, information regarding new privacy and security tools too can be learned.
Meta’s Privacy Center
With Facebook turning Meta and becoming the parent company, all its subsidiaries have now become independent. Services like Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Facebook and Metaverse, all are having their own portals to consume.
But, the mark that Facebook made regarding its bad privacy maintenance hasn’t changed yet. And it’s now bringing a dedicated Privacy Center for explaining users just that. The parent company – Meta has just announced a new Privacy Center for all its services, in one place.
Introducing Privacy Center https://t.co/zHNYgMIhtW
— Meta Newsroom (@MetaNewsroom) January 7, 2022
The new section is available to a few users in the US, via the Facebook desktop version. If you’re one of those, you can try accessing Settings > Privacy to find the new section. Meta said it’ll be adding more ways on how can access it, and new modules and controls gradually.
As of now, the new section contains information related to the company’s policies for handling data and ads. A brief explanation on these include;
- Security: You can brush up on account security, set up tools like two-factor authentication, or learn more about how Meta fights data scraping.
- Sharing: You can visit this guide if you have questions about who sees what you post, or how you can clean up old posts on your profile using tools like Manage Activity.
- Collection: Learn about the different types of data that Meta collects, and how you can view that data through tools like Access Your Information.
- Use: Learn more about how and why we use data, and explore the controls we offer to manage how your information is used.
- Ads: Learn more about how your information is used to determine the ads you see and make use of ad controls like Ad Preferences.
The new Privacy Center will soon be coming to other users in the other regions, with updated contact on the above topics.