This is useful for people who prefer the Bing search engine. It displays all local results when you search for an item using Windows 11 Search Menu. It also shows Bing search results that match your query from Bing. However, most people rely on Google search results.
Windows 11 ships by default with Bing search integration. This is a useless feature that can cause irritation and is often ineffective. It displays search results from Bing when you search for an item using the Start menu. After clicking that, it will open the Edge browser. Chrome might be your default browser. However, it will open the Edge browser after you click the search results on Windows 11.
Also Read- How to Clear Bing Browsing History in Microsoft Edge
Remove Bing Search Results Using Group Policy Editor
- Press the Windows + R button to open the run dialog box, type gpedit.msc and enter to open Group Policy Editor.
- After opening the local group policy editor, you need to locate the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search
- After selecting the search folder, you need to locate these two policy names “Do not allow web search” and “Don’t search the web or display web results in Search.” Then double click on each one to open settings.
- Then select the Enabled button and click on Apply > Ok.
- Now you need to restart your computer to apply these policies.
Remove Bing Search Results Using Registry Editor
- Press the Windows + R button, type regedit and hit the enter button to open the registry editor.
- After that, follow the below path:
- Once you get into the path right, click on the Windows folder and click on New > Key. Name that key Explorer.
- Right-click on the Explorer folder and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name this value DisableSearchBoxSuggestions.
- Then double-click the DisableSearchBoxSuggestions to edit its value data. Type 1 in the Value data field and then click OK.
- After all that, you need to follow up the below path:
- On the right sidebar of the Search folder, right-click on the free space and then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it BingSearchEnabled.
- Double-click on BingSearchEnabled to edit its value. Set the Value data to 0 and then click OK.
- Again, right-click on the free space on the right sidebar and then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it CortanaConsent.
- Double-click the CortanaConsent and set its Value data to 0.
- Now restart your computer, so all the new registries take effect.
This is how to remove bing search results in Windows 11. These are the best ways to remove bing search results from the start menu in windows 11. If you still have questions, please leave a comment below.