Whether you want to improve your habits, increase study time, remember important information, or create a simple to-do list, note-taking apps come in handy.
Samsung Notes is one of the best note-taking apps. It helps to take notes with images and footnotes, voice recordings, and music. Even sharing its content is super easy, and you can also integrate with Microsoft OneNote and Samsung Cloud.
Samsung Notes is a hugely popular Android app with over 1 billion downloads. For Samsung phones, it comes along with the phone OS itself. However, some users are stuck on crashing and not working. In this post, we will show you how to fix Samsung Notes not working on Samsung phones.
How to Fix Samsung Notes Not Working on Galaxy Phones
You must be feeling frustrated when you encounter this specific problem. Luckily, we have found some methods to fix Samsung Notes crashing on Samsung phones. So without further ado, let’s follow all methods carefully.
1. Restart Your Samsung Phone
Restarting the phone is considerably one of the best ways to fix any issue. Most commonly, every inconvenience happens for RAM. If your app needs more RAM to perform at the highest potential, you have to free up memory for a smooth experience.
Even after closing some apps, they still work in the background and consume power and RAM. Later it becomes a bigger problem like a small battery life device, hangs, lags, and conflicts between programs.
However, if Samsung Notes is not getting enough resources, it stops working or crashes in between using the app. So, restarting the phone is the first and foremost process for you. Moreover, restarting clears bugs and glitches as well.
2. Clear Caches of the Samsung Notes App
Typically, caches are useful for apps to perform better and store temporary data. But corrupt caches are bad as it has enough ability to stop an app from working. Therefore, cleaning caches is the only way remaining to make everything perfect like before.
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung phone.
- Next, heads over to the Application manager.
- Now select the Samsung Notes app, and choose the Storage options.
- Now simply click on Clear cache. Even you can click on Clear data, it helps, but it removes all data.
3. Allow App Permission
Allocating RAM and memory isn’t enough to let an app perform sufficiently. If you aren’t giving permission for all necessary features, somehow, such issues are about to come. Make sure you have allowed all needy app permission.
- Press and hold on to the Samsung Notes app, and now click on Info.
- Next, click on Permission.
- Now permit all required features to start working properly.
4. Re-sign In Samsung Account
Well, this is another useful method to ready Samsung Notes workable once again. Samsung account processing failed issues are one of the common reasons for this problem. Here’s what you need to follow.
- Open the Settings app > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts.
- Next, click on the Samsung account, and then click on Remove account on the next page.
- Therefore, confirm the Remove account and sign out.
- Go back to Manage accounts again, and click on add account.
- Now select Samsung account, submit login details, and you’re good to go.
5. Reinstall App
Reinstalling the app is another considerable method that you should follow if all shared method is not working out for you until now.
Firstly, uninstall the app from the device. It will take away all problems. Then restart the phone for once.
Now, download and install the Samsung Note app from the Play Store or Galaxy App Store.
6. Disable Samsung Cloud from Sync
Problematic sync could a probable reason for this inconvenience. Thus, disabling it is the best solution.
- Open Settings > Account & Backup > Samsung Cloud.
- Then select Synced apps.
- Now turn off the toggle of the Samsung Note app.
7. Fix the Date and Time
It’s a good idea to keep the perfect date and time. If it is not, then dealing with such issues becomes more frequent. Here’s what you need to follow.
- Open Settings app > General management > Date and time.
- Next turn on the toggle of the Automatic date and time.
8. Update Samsung App
Generally, using outdated apps is not recommended. Always try to use the latest version of the app to get the best compatibility with the phone OS. Moreover, it also comes up with new features and functions.
You can update the app on either Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store.
Update Samsung Notes from Play Store
- Open Play Store, search for Samsung Notes and click on it.
- Now simply click on the Update button, and this will update your phone.
Update Samsung Notes from Galaxy Store
- Open Samsung Galaxy Store, click on the three dots, from the top right corner and select My page.
- Now click on Update.
- Find the Samsung Notes app, and click on the update.
Samsung Notes is a useful tool to take quick notes. But when Samsung Notes not working or crashing on a Samsung phone, it needed to be resolve immediately. I hope the shared methods help you to fix it. If you are facing any problems regarding sharing methods, let us know in the comment section.