The screensaver was one of the most beautiful elements in the Windows system I love in my childhood. I used to write my name in 3D text to see what it looks like. However, evolving variety of technologies, screensaver’s popularity has declined nowadays.
But screensaver is still relevant to a vast majority of users. Even I have set up a screensaver on my old PC. But some Windows 11 users can’t use it for some specific reason.
If you are affected by the same problem and want to save yourself, then follow this super easy tutorial about how to fix the screensaver not working on Windows 11 to get some aesthetics cool screensavers once again.
How to Fix Screensaver Not Working on Windows 11
Since we have encountered the issue, probably there are some solutions as well. Hence, we have compiled and shared some best fixes for the screensaver not working on Windows 11. So without any further ado, let’s sort out everything right away.
1. Check Screensaver Settings
If you reduce the time of appearing screensaver before the system goes into sleep mode, then you can see the screensaver. To check screensaver settings follow these super simple steps, and apply. After that, don’t forget to check whether the screensaver is not working perfectly fine.
- Press Windows > search for Screen saver > open it.
- Now select any cool screensaver be it a 3D name or bubbles instead of none.
- Here you also can change the time trigger of the screensaver. So make sure to keep it under a minute.
2. Settle Your Mouse Properly
A little movement of the mouse can bring this trouble you. Always remember screensaver comes when your system is about to take a rest from any sort of work for a certain amount of time.
However, if your mouse isn’t settled down properly, it might be a reason for this inconvenience. To prevent this issue, we recommend you use a smooth and silky mousepad rather than a rough one. Moreover, another importantnt thing is to keep special attention on your mouse too.
When you keep your mouse on a smooth surface, your mouse won’t activate automatically. Thus, you can see your screensaver on your Windows 11.
3. Disable Wake Up using Mouse
If you can’t provide the best working mouse and surface, then we have another considerable method to help you out with this. Well, you can disable waking up using its driver setting.
- Click on Windows > search Device Manager > Open it.
- Click on the tiny arrow on Mice and other printing devices.
- Now right-click on the mouse driver, and select properties.
- Next, heads over to Power management, and unchecked the box Allow this device to wake the computer. Lastly, click on the Ok button.
4. Disconnect All Peripherals
You never know which peripherals are still working behind the scene. And that continuous work of the peripheral always keeps the system awake. To get your screensaver all you can do is that disconnect and unplug all peripherals.
Moreover, some inappropriate commands are attached to peripheral drivers in the background. Thus, removing them for a while would be the best solution. After removing them from the system, check whether the screensaver working on your Windows 11 or not.
5. Check Sleep Settings
If you are not allowing screensaver any space in between sleep and working system, then how do they perform? Our system goes into sleeping mode when we don’t touch the keyboard and mouse for a while. To check screensaver is activated or not, follow these simple steps.
- Click Windows > Settings > System.
- Then click on Power & battery.
- Now expand the Screen and sleep option.
- Next, extend the time adequate for the screensaver on When Plugged In, Put My Device to Sleep After accordingly before sleep mode activates.
6. Perform SFC Scan
SFC stands for system file checker and is a useful utility of Windows systems. It helps to find out the corrupt system file for you, and replace it with a functional file to run the system significantly without any interruptions. If screensaver not working for corrupt files, here’s the fix.
- Press Windows > search for Command Prompt > Run as administrator.
- Now type the following command on CMD, and hit enter.
- This will detect all corrupt files, and replace them with working ones. You need to restart the system after this.
7. Perform Power Troubleshooter
Next, you can perform the power troubleshooter in your Windows system. Using this tool you can fix any issue related to power and battery. Here’s what you need to follow.
- Press Windows > Settings > System > Troubleshoot.
- Next, click on Other troubleshooters.
- To run the power troubleshooter, click on the Run button on Power.
- It will detect all probable errors, and let you fix those errors as well.
8. Update Display Driver
Faulty or outdated display drivers always play a major role in screensavers stop working in Windows 11. Therefore, updating the display driver becomes the best practice.
- Press Windows > search for Device Manager > Open it.
- Next, click on the tiny arrow of the Display adapter, and you will get the display driver.
- Then, right-click upon the driver, and select update.
- Now choose Search automatically for updates, it will update the display driver.
9. Update Windows
Windows is a problematic system, to be frank. But making it a compact and productive device, its developers are constantly working out to release updates every now and then to tackle bugs and provide the best experience.
If you are missing out on the latest version of Windows, you can face several issues. Follow this to update your system.
- Press Windows > Settings > Windows update.
- Then, click on Check for updates to get all due updates.
- Download all available updates one after one, and install them to make your system run more efficiently.
First of all good to know that people are still using interesting screensavers. And I am privileged to share some proven methods with those who are getting issues. So this is the guide on how to fix screensaver not working on Windows 11. If you still have problems with the system, let us know in the comment box.