This guide will teach us how to turn off voicemail on iPhone. When someone cannot reach you via regular phone calls and messages, they leave a voicemail on your device. If you are not used to checking voicemails, you may want to turn them off.
Often having the voicemail enabled can clutter up the storage of your iPhone. This happens when you keep receiving voicemails, and it stays there without getting any response.
- Various Methods to Turn off Voicemail on iPhone
Various Methods to Turn off Voicemail on iPhone
Here are the detailed steps to different methods available to disable or turn off voicemails on iPhone in the future.
1. Know the MMI Codes to Disable Voicemail
Here are the steps to manually change the phone settings to stop receiving voicemail.
- Launch the Phone app and open the keypad.
- Type *#62# to know your voicemail box number.
- Once you obtain the above number, note it down somewhere.
- Now, launch the Settings of the iPhone.
- Navigate to Phone and tap on it.
- Go to the option Call Forwarding and tap on it. Make sure Call Forwarding is enabled.
- Tap on the option Forward To and enter the voice mailbox number you obtained earlier.
- Again go to the keypad of the iPhone. Type ##004# and press the call button. This will turn off the voicemail on iPhone.
Now, what if later you change your mind and want to re-enable the voice mailbox feature? To activate the voice mailbox, go to the phone app and dial 004#.
The above method has a caveat though. The MMI codes you see are of global standards. It may not comply with the numerous telecom service providers out there in various parts of the world.
Also Read- How to Organize Apps on Your iPhone
2. Contact the Support Team of Your Telecom Service Provider
A straightforward approach is to get in touch with your telecom service provider. Then tell the support executive that on your phone number you want the voicemail feature to be turned off.
Follow their instructions and in a few minutes voicemail will turn off on your iPhone. I have put up the customer support contact for various prominent tele-carriers based in the US.
- Verizon | 1-800-922-0204
- AT&T | 1-800-3310-0500
- Sprint | 888-211-4727
- T-Mobile | 1-877-453-1304
3. Disable Call Forwarding on iPhone to Turn Off Voicemail
The facility to have a number to forward the voicemail if you cannot respond to a phone call is only available when you have enabled call forwarding on your iPhone. If you disable the call forwarding feature, there will be no scope for using voicemail.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Phone and tap on it.
- Then navigate to Call Forwarding and tap on it.
- On the next page, you will see a switch beside the option Call Forwarding. If it is enabled, tap on it and disable it.
4. Disable Transcription to Stop Receiving Incoming Voicemail
Generally, people use the English language to send a voicemail. If you change Siri’s language to another language replacing English, then transcription will not be possible.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to Siri & Search and tap on it.
- Tap on Language and change to some other language that is available in the list of languages supported by Siri.
5. Do Not Delete the Existing Voicemails
Technically, there is a limit set on how many voicemails your device can receive. This usually depends upon your network provider. When the voicemail box is full, automatically, no more voicemails can arrive. So, do not remove the voicemails until the storage space dedicated to them is full.
Also Read- How to Clear RAM on iPhone
Voicemail when remains unattended can pile up and consume the storage of your iPhone. Also, if you are not used to voicemails, you may miss them out when a contact sends you one. To avoid all that hassle, you can turn off voicemail on the iPhone. I hope the various methods shared in this guide will be helpful.