It is very frustrating when you connect a USB device to your Windows PC and end up getting an error that the USB is not recognized error on your Windows 11 PC. This issue becomes more painstaking, especially when you are trying to backup your smartphone on your Windows PC.
We all know that every PC or computer comes with various ports, which usually helps us connect USB devices, peripheral devices, etc. So, it becomes more crucial to resolve this error as you have no other option except this. Don’t worry! We are here to help you fix this problem. So, let’s get started with our guide and see if there is any way to resolve the USB not recognized error in Windows 11 PC.
Also Read- How To Fix Corrupted Files in Windows 11
- Methods To Fix USB Device Not Recognized Error In Windows 11
Methods To Fix USB Device Not Recognized Error In Windows 11
There are no proper reasons why you are getting this error as anything might be the reason behind this type of issue; possibilities are there that the port is damaged or some device driver files are missing.
So, we are not talking about the reasons in this guide; instead, we will try to help you resolve the USB not recognized error with the fixes that previously helped our users to resolve this kind of error. Therefore, let’s have a look at them:
Fix 1: Use Original USB Cable
While you can transfer your mobile or other device data with different cables, keep in mind that the performance of your phone’s transferring speed will be compromised if the cable you use does not match the original.
If done often, it can have an impact on your phone, and sometimes this also might be the reason for this type of error. Therefore, we suggest you try using the original branded cable while connecting your smartphone to your Windows 11 PC. Then, check if the USB not recognizing error still occurs or not.
Fix 2: Check For Device Driver Update
Driver updates can include patch updates that contain information that helps devices interact more effectively after a software or operating system update, as well as security enhancements, software bug fixes, and performance improvements.
Therefore, it is vital for our PC to make everything work properly. So, you can use the following steps to check if your Device drivers are updated or not:
- Initially, open the Run box using the Win+R key simultaneously and search for devmgmt.msc.
- Then, double-click on the Disk Drives tile to expand it.
- After that, right-click on your device name and hit the Update Drivers option.
- Now, tap on the Search automatically for drivers option and follow the on-screen instruction to install the latest driver for your Windows 11 PC.
Fix 3: Turn Off USB Selective Suspend Setting
Many users have reported that after disabling the USB Selective Suspend Setting, their PC starts recognizing their USB devices; therefore, you must also try this out and check if it really helps to not:
- First of all, launch the Windows 11 Start menu and search for the Edit power plan. Then, open it.
- After that, tap on the Change advanced power settings tab and expand the USB Setting option.
- Then, expand the USB selective suspend setting and click on the drop-down button located in front of the On battery and Plugged in. Then, select the Disabled button > Apply > Ok.
Fix 4: Run The Hardware Troubleshooter
Running the hardware troubleshooter will be another option that will help you fix the USB not recognized error in Windows 11 PC. Therefore, you can try out this and check if it really helps:
- Initially, go to the Start Menu > Settings > System.
- Then Navigate to Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters.
- Thereafter, click the Run button next to the target devices you have a problem with.
- Your system will run Windows 11 hardware troubleshooter and troubleshoot your hardware or software.
Fix 5: Try Using Different Port
Did you try using a different port before? Well, there are chances that the port you are using may get damaged because your PC cannot recognize your USB device. Therefore, we advise you to make sure to try using any different port of your PC to connect your USB device and check if the issue still persists or not.
Fix 6: Update Your System OS
Updating your system OS not just gives you new features, it also helps you to correct or delete computer bugs, which might be examples of these kinds of issues. Therefore, you can perform the below-mentioned guidelines to check if your PC has any pending OS updates or not:
- First of all, you have to use the Win+I key altogether to open the Windows 11 Settings app.
- After that, tap on the Updates & Security option.
- Then, simply hit the Check For Updates button and wait until it searches and shows you the available pending updates.
Fix 7: Disable Fast Startup Option
Many users reported that disabling the fast startup option helped them to resolve the USB Device not recognized error on their Windows 11 PC. Therefore, you must also try this out.
- Initially, open the Control Panel and navigate to the Power Options.
- After that, tap on the Choose what the power button does option and go to the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
- Thereafter, simply uncheck the box next to the Turn on fast startup and click on the Save changes.
So, these were some tricks that you can use to fix the USB not recognized error in Windows 11 PC issue. We hope that this article has helped you. Meanwhile, if you want more information on this topic, comment below.