Valorant is an FPS game where one team attacks and the other team defends. The primary mode of the game is to search and destroy. The attacking team aims to plant a bomb called a spike and have it detonated, while the defending team tries to avoid that. However, everything is fine until you face any issue with the game and it does not open on your PC.
If Valorant is not opening in Windows 11, it may be due to issues concerning the outdated graphics card driver, the game not compatible with your device, and various such reasons. If you have been looking for steps to fix Valorant not opening in Windows 11, this article will guide you. Here are some ways to fix issues with Valorant not opening/working in Windows 11.
Fix Valorant Not Opening in Windows 11
Given below are a few troubleshooting steps to help fix Valorant not opening in Windows 11-
1. Run Valorant In Compatible Mode
If Windows update conflicts with Valorant or some Valorant game client’s compatibility issues appear, you can try to run Valorant in compatibility mode to fix this issue by following the few steps written below-
- Right-click the Valorant icon and click on Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab.
- Under the compatibility mode section, check the checkbox saying “Run this program in compatibility mode for.” You can select any older Windows version like Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Once done, click on Apply and then on OK to save the changes.
- Now, run the application, and you should no longer face the issue.
2. Run Valorant as Administrator
You can also try to run the Valorant as administrator and see if the game opens or not. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Right-click on the Valorant icon on the desktop and click on Run as administrator. Note- If it works, you can set this always to run the game as administrator.
- Again, right-click on the Valorant icon and choose Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, check the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator.
- Now click on the Apply button and OK to save your changes.
3. Close All Riot Related Processes
You may also face this issue with Valorant if the Riot process isn’t running correctly. In that case, you can try closing all the Riot processes and then run the game again.
- Press Windows + X key combo, and then click on Task Manager.
- Then under the Processes tab, lookout for processes related to Riot.
- Select the process and then click on End task.
- Once done, rerun the game and check if it is opening or not.
4. Update Graphics Card Driver
If your graphics card driver is outdated, you may also face this issue. To fix it, you will have to update the graphics card drive by following the steps given below-
- Right-click on the Start icon and then click on Device manager.
- Here, expand the Display Adapters section by double-clicking on it.
- Now, right-click on your drive, and then click on Update Driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers to update the graphic card driver on your PC.
- Once done, restart your PC and try running Valorant again.
5. Reinstall Valorant
In case, after all the above steps, Valorant still does not open on your Windows 11, the last step you can do is reinstall it. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for and open Control Panel.
- Under the Programs section, click on Uninstall a program under Programs and Features.
- Now, select the Valorant game, and click Uninstall button.
- Now, the official website of Valorant and download the latest version of Valorant.
- Reinstall the game on your PC and set it up.
- Once done, you should be able to play it without any issue.
These were some troubleshooting steps to help fix Valorant not opening in Windows 11. If you have been facing issues with the game, then following the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to fix the problem you have been facing.