If you are reaching here from a Google search and looking for a guide on how to view, post, and filter sensitive content on Twitter, then you have arrived at the right website.
Twitter, microblogging, and social media websites do not allow users to openly share sensitive content on their platforms. Even Twitter has a Content policy to view and share sensitive content if someone posts any.
However, Twitter is very strict against highly sensitive media content. They will ban you if you share highly sensitive content without a warning message. But moderate content comes up with a simple warning message.
Previously, I had posted sensitive content on my account, and they deleted the post within a few minutes. Therefore, I learned about Twitter content guidelines. And here, I will share a few helpful steps to view, post, and filter sensitive content on Twitter.
Steps to View Sensitive Content on Twitter
Using Twitter since 2015, along with various other social media sites. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok are very strict with sensitive content. But Twitter feeds allow showing sensitive content under a warning message.
The warning message is “The following media may contain sensitive material.” If you want to see the content, you must click the view button.
However, follow these basic steps to get rid of the warning message and view all sensitive media content.
Note: You can’t change the setting on iPhone and iOS as the iOS Twitter app does not have the feature yet. You can change the Twitter content setting on the browser, and the setting will start working on iPhones and iPad.
- Visit Twitter on your browser. Hit the More button from the left sidebar.
- Click on the Setting and Privacy option from the dropdown menu.
- Under the setting menu, click on Privacy and Safety. A new menu will open beside the setting menu. Now click on the Content you see the option.
- Here is the last step: check the box of display media that may contain sensitive content options.
Now, you can see sensitive content without a warning message. You can follow these steps on the Android app too.
Steps to Turn Off Twitter Sensitive Content Setting
All sensitive content went through a filtration process. People of all ages use Twitter for different purposes, so filtration is necessary. Although, if you want to skip the sensitive content filtration process, follow this simple step.
- Again, visit Twitter on your browser. And now click on the more button from the left sidebar. Using a mobile app, you can click on Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Settings and Privacy from the dropdown menu.
- Again, click on the Privacy and Safety option.
- A new menu will open beside the existing menu. Now click on the content you see.
- Now click on the Search setting option from the bottom.
- A pop-up menu will appear on your display where you have to uncheck the Hide Sensitive Content.
Your setting will perform right away.
Steps to Post Sensitive Content on Twitter
Children, teenagers, adults, and even elders use Twitter. Sensitive content is always there in the feed for watching or viewing. It mostly affects children and teenagers for adult content and violent content may blow weak-nerve people.
Which they should avoid. But how do they avoid this type of content hovering around Twitter freely? That is why Twitter’s sensitive content flag comes into the picture.
Twitter allows you to post nude, violent, or sexual content under a sensitive content flag. So always use a flag on your content, as they will mark it as sensitive content. It will help Twitter to know better about the content. Even users can decide whether they want to view the content or not.
Here, we will learn the best practices for posting sensitive content.
- As usual, visit Twitter on your browser or mobile application. Click on the Tweet button from the left sidebar.
- Now upload an image or video. You can add a few texts if you want.
- Now click on the edit option from the right side of the image.
- Next, you will see three options over the image or video you uploaded. Now click on the flag button.
- Another three options will appear next to you to choose whether it is nude, violent, or sensitive content.
- Now click on the save button from the top right corner.
And this is how you can post sensitive content under a warning message. We will share another process for marking all content as sensitive content.
- Open Twitter, click on the more button, and a drop-down menu will appear on the screen. Select setting and privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Under the setting and privacy menu, you will find privacy and safety. Click on it. After that, a side menu will open. Now click on your tweets.
- Now simply tick the Mark media you Tweet as having material that may be a sensitive button.
Now you can post unlimited sensitive content on your account. Interested people will see your content by simply tapping on the view button. And Twitter will eliminate your content who want to see such content.
While many social media do not allow users to share sensitive content. Twitter has a content rule to share and view sensitive content under a warning message. We have shared enough information on how to view, post, and filter sensitive content on Twitter.