Error 0xc1900101 is encountered by many people when using Windows 11 installation assistant. This error code may be encountered when updating the windows using an installation assistant or upgrading to Windows 11. This error code indicates that the core system files present in the device are either broken or they are corrupted.
Users will likely encounter this issue due to insufficient disk space on their system. Other reasons for facing this error can be problematic third-party antivirus and outdated BIOS firmware. There are various troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix Windows 11 Error 0xc1900101; read ahead to know more.
Best Ways to Fix Windows 11 Error 0xc1900101
If you cannot upgrade to Windows 11 or install the latest update using installation assistant due to Error 0xc1900101, there is nothing to worry about. We have listed various ways to fix Windows 11 Error 0xc1900101 below-
1. Clear Up Disk
You should first clear up the disk to fix 0xc1900101 error on Windows 11. You will face this issue due to less space/storage. This issue can issue be fixed by clearing the disk of unwanted files. The steps for the same are as follow-
- Open Start Menu, type cleanmgr, and open it.
- Select the system drive from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- Wait until the data gets erased from the disk.
- Then, click on the Clean up system files.
- Now, select the System Drive and hit the OK button.
- Next, check all check boxes next to the files you want to delete and click on the OK button.
- Confirm deleting the files and restart the PC.
- Once done, you should no longer face this issue.
2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If you cannot update Windows using the installation assistant, you should try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. To run the Windows Update troubleshooter, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows+I key combo on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Select the System from the left sidebar and then click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Here, click on the Other troubleshooters option.
- Look out for Windows Update and click on the Run button.
- Wait for the issue to get identified by the troubleshooter. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix this issue.
- Lastly, restart your device, and that should fix the issue.
3. Uninstall Recently Installed App
Another method to fix the 0xc1900101 error on Windows 11 is to remove the recently installed application. If you started facing this issue after installing a program, you should try uninstalling it. You will be able to uninstall recently installed applications. The steps for the same are as follows-
- Go to the Start menu, search for the Control Panel and open it.
- Under the Programs section, click on Uninstall a program.
- Next, select the program you have installed recently and click on Uninstall.
- Confirm uninstalling the program and restart your PC.
4. Run SFC Scan
The possible reason for facing the 0xc1900101 error on Windows 11 can be corrupted files in the system. The error can be fixed by running the SFC scan on your device. You can run the SFC Scan on your PC by following the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for Command Prompt and run it with administrative privileges.
- Then type the following command and hit Enter to execute it-
- This will scan your PC for corrupted files and fix them.
- Once the process is completed, restart your PC, and that should fix the issue.
5. Perform Clean Boot
If you are still facing the problem, you should try performing a clean boot and using the installation assistant. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key and search for msconfig. From the search results, open System Configuration.
- Select the Selective Startup option and uncheck the checkbox for Load Startup items.
- Now, head to the Services tab.
- Here, check the checkbox for Hide all Microsoft services and then click on Disable all.
- Now, head to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, select the startup program and click on Disable. Do this for all the startup programs one by one.
- Now, go back to the System Configuration, click Apply, and then on OK.
- Restart your PC and use the installation assistant again, and you will no longer face the issue.
6. Reset your PC
The last troubleshooting method to fix the 0xc1900101 error in Windows 11 is to reset Windows. This particular method should be followed if none of the above methods work. You will need a backup to your files to continue with these steps. The steps for the same are as given below-
- Go to the Start Menu, search for Settings and open it.
- Here in the System tab, click on the Recovery option.
- Click on the Reset PC option.
- You will see two options now- Keep My Files and Remove Everything. If you want to remove everything, including your files, settings, and app, select Remove Everything. If you want to keep files but remove settings and apps, select the Keep My Files option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the PC.
- After resetting the PC, set it up, and the issue will be long gone.
These were some of the best troubleshooting methods by which users can easily fix 0xc1900101 error in Windows 11. Following troubleshooting steps like running the SFC scan, running the Windows Update troubleshooter, and clearing the storage should fix the issue. You can follow the steps mentioned in this article, and you will no longer encounter the Windows 11 error 0xc1900101.