Steam is an online gaming platform where gamers can buy and play games. You will need the Steam Games client on your PC through which you can easily play games. Everything is fine until you start facing issues with the Steam Games not launching in Windows 11/10. Also, many users have reported that the Steam Games client keeps crashing even if it launches successfully.
The reason behind facing this issue is unsure. It is because, often, the issue may occur due to bugs in the system, incompatible hardware, and various other reasons. Luckily there are a few methods by which users can fix the issue in just a few steps and they are described below in this following article.
Fix Steam Games Not Launching
There are various ways by which users can fix Steam Games Not launching in Windows 11. All of these methods are described below-
1. Run Game in Compatibility Mode
The first method by which users can launch the Steam games is by running the game in Compatibility mode. The game you are playing may not be compatible with your version of Windows, causing the issue.
To fix this issue, you must run the game in compatibility mode. The steps for the same are as follow-
- Launch the Steam Client on your PC.
- Right-click on the Game title and select the Properties.
- Then, select the Local Files tab and click on Browse.
- Now, right-click on the game’s executable file and click on Properties.
- Then, head to the Compatibility tab.
- Next, check the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode and select the Operating System.
- Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK; now, you should be able to run Steam Games.
2. Update Windows
Outdated Windows can be the reason why you may encounter the issue. If this error is caused due to outdated Windows or pending Windows updates, installing the latest update will help fix it. To update your Windows, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows+I key combo on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Then, in the Windows Update section, click on Check for updates option.
- Next, install all the updates listed there and then restart your PC.
- Once done, try to launch the Steam Game on your device.
3. Update the Graphics Driver
You may also face this issue due to outdated graphics drivers. Try updating the graphics driver on your PC using the Device Manager and then check if you still face the issue or not. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + X key combo and click on Device Manager.
- Here, expand the Display Adapters tab by double-clicking on it.
- Now, right-click on your graphic card and then click on Update Driver.
- Now, click on Search Automatically for Drivers.
- Wait for the drivers to get updated and then restart your PC.
4. Run Game as Administrator
Another method is to run the game as an Administrator. For that follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, launch Steam on your PC.
- Now, right-click on the game from the library with the problem and select the Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, click on the Browse option.
- Now, right-click on the game’s executable file here, and select the Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program as Administrator checkbox.
- Lastly, save the changes made and then try to run the game.
5. Uninstall Windows Update
If you started facing this issue after installing the Windows update, then the update you installed may be the reason. You will have to uninstall Windows Update to fix the issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- Click on Windows Update on the left sidebar and then on Update History.
- Under the Related Settings, click on Uninstall Updates.
- Now, select the update you recently installed and click on Uninstall.
- Confirm uninstalling the update and restart your PC; that should probably fix the issue.
6. Verify the Integrity of Games Files
The next way is to verify the Integrity of all game files. The steps for the same are as follow-
- Firstly, open Steam on your PC.
- Then, go to the Library tab.
- Here, right-click on the problematic game and then click the Properties open.
- Click on the Local Files tab and the Verify Integrity of game files option.
- Wait for the process to get finished and then launch the Steam game.
This is how you can fix Steam Games not launching in Windows 11/10. These were the possible fixes to help fix the issue with launching Steam Games. However, if the article fails to solve the issue, you can try reinstalling Steam and then check if the issue is still fixed or not.