The best part about using Windows 11 is that various audio customizations are available. You can customize audio the way you want. You have multiple customization options if you want to improve sound quality on your PC while playing games, watching movies, or listening to movies.
The sound quality depends upon the hardware and the software driver. Customizing your PC’s audio settings will significantly improve the audio quality if you have a good-quality speaker. In this article, we will discuss various ways to help improve the sound quality of Windows 11.
Tips to Improve Sound Quality on Windows 11
Given below are various ways and tips to help improve sound quality on Windows 11-
1. Update Sound Drivers
The very first thing that you should try doing is updating the sound drivers. If the drivers are outdated, you will likely face distortion issues with the sound. You should try updating the sound drivers to improve sound quality. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + X key combo and click on Device Manager.
- Here, expand Sound, video, and game controllers by double-clicking on it.
- Right-click on your audio driver and click on Update Driver.
- Now, click Search Automatically for drivers to update the driver to the latest version.
- Now, expand the Audio inputs and outputs section. From here, update the audio device driver.
2. Enable Audio Enhancement
You can use improve audio quality by enabling audio enhancement on Control Panel. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + R key combo, type mmsys.cpl, and click on OK.
- On the window that opens up, click on the Playback tab.
- Select your audio device and click on the Properties button at the bottom right corner.
- In the Properties window, switch to the Enhancement tab.
- Here, check the checkbox for all the enhancement options, including- Low Frequency Protection, Room Correction, and Loudness Equalization.
- Once done, click on Apply and then on OK.
3. Use Settings App
You can enable the enhanced audio feature using the Settings app to improve sound quality on your PC. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- Under the System tab, click on the Sound option.
- Click on All sound devices and select your audio output device here.
- Now, Turn On the toggle for the Enhance Audio.
4. Enable Spatial Audio
Spatial Audio enhances your sound quality by making it feel like the audio is playing in 360 degrees. To enable spatial audio, follow the steps given below-
- Open Settings from the Start Menu.
- On the left sidebar, click on System and the Sound option.
- Under the Advanced section, click on All Sound Devices.
- Now, select the output device you are using.
- Here, click on the drop-down menu next to Spatial Audio and select the option for Windows Sonic for Headphones.
These are some ways to improve sound quality in Windows 11. By following the above steps, you can unlock the best audio quality on your speaker. You can set the sound quality as you need, like when watching movies, songs, etc.