Mercari is a selling app that is sort of a virtual market. So whether you are an average user just wanting to get some cash for your old video games, mobile phone, etc., or someone wanting to sell and buy different products, then Mercari makes it incredibly easy. In addition, Mercari does have USPS First Class (affordable mail service) available as long as you adjust the weight manually in their shipping area.
Anyway, today I’m here with this article and wanted to give you my honest review of this selling app. Here I’ll talk about the things I really like and some things I think could improve and clear your doubts regarding this platform, like whether it is safe to use, reliable, etc., or not. So, if you are planning to purchase something from the Merecari and getting confused about its trustworthiness, then, make sure to read this article till the end.
- What is Mercari?
- What Type of Items You Are Allow Sell or Buy in Mercari?
- Is Mercari Safe And Reliable?
- Is Mercari Legit?
- How People Get Scammed And How to Avoid Getting Scammed in Mercari?
- What Are The Points We Need To Keep in Mind for Buying Safely on Mercari?
- How to Selling Safely on Mercari?
What is Mercari?
The Mercari marketplace brings buyers and sellers together through a flea market-style app. However, it really focuses on the average sellers or small sellers, and here we are not talking about the power sellers or wholesalers or big retailers like some of the other selling platforms have.
These are everyday people just listing the items that they have for sale with their phones and other people buying them at really affordable prices. Moreover, one of my favorite things about Mercari is its simplicity and overall ease of use. However, this platform has over 15.38 Million active monthly users in 100 plus countries.
Also Read- Is AliExpress Legit and Trustworthy?
What Type of Items You Are Allow Sell or Buy in Mercari?
When it comes to what you can sell on Mercari, the possibilities are almost endless; pretty much anything that you can sell on eBay, Poshmark, Facebook, a marketplace you can also sell on Mercari.
But, generally, the top-selling products on this platform are very common items like Nike Shoes, Apple products, Microsoft Laptop, PC, Nintendo gaming consoles, etc. However, Fifty Cents Nike is the number one selling brand on Mercari. So, I think you are now familiar with what type of products you’ll get here if you are a buyer.
Is Mercari Safe And Reliable?
Mercari literally has a money-back guarantee which is pretty awesome. However, their official website mentioned that they got you back with their money-back guarantee. But, only if you haven’t received your item as described or will refund your money. Well, this really sounds awesome.
Also, they do not release payment until the item is delivered and you (the buyer) confirm that it is as specified if an item received is not as described in the listing. Moreover, a buyer may have to request a full refund within three days of the receipt of the item.
Well, in my opinion, this puts the buyer in power to determine if their item is what they expected it to be. This thing is surely providing safeguards to you from being scammed by sellers.
Is Mercari Legit?
As per the reports from various users and my personal experience, I will say that this Mercari is a one hundred percent legit and reliable e-commerce marketplace for buyers and sellers. The main reason behind this is because there is no retail or wholesaler behind this and the buyers and sellers are one of us.
But, as we have always stated, before buying any product or selling products, you need to do some research on your own. For example, like someone selling his PS4 at just $50, then you need to be more skeptical as the rate is too low for this product, and someone tries to scam others.
How People Get Scammed And How to Avoid Getting Scammed in Mercari?
As we have said before, it’s an online flea marketplace, and it is important to do some research before buying anything. Most of the time, people easily get scammed by the new retail profiles that have now customer reviews before. But, how will you avoid getting scammed by these types of sellers? Well, don’t worry! Just keep these things in mind.
- You need to keep in mind the first thing is don’t ever deal outside the Mercari app.
- Another most important point is never to share personal information.
- Always use a strong password.
- Also, always be skeptical and don’t ever share your login details.
- Try confirming the order within three days.
- However, if you are a seller, then keep in mind that do not ever try to sell prohibited items in Mercari.
- Also, if possible, then instead of using a debit card, use your credit card if possible.
These were some important points that you always need to keep in your mind as it helps you to avoid getting scammed by others.
Also Read- Is StockX Legit? Is StockX Safe?
What Are The Points We Need To Keep in Mind for Buying Safely on Mercari?
If you are now about to buy a product on Mercari, then these are some safety measures that you always need to keep in your mind:
- The first thing you need to assure that you never ignore any reviews. Always take a look at the negative reviews.
- Watch out for the misleading products description.
- If any product price is very low, then it is probable that it’s a scammer.
- Also, when you receive your product, check it very carefully.
How to Selling Safely on Mercari?
So, here are the points that you need to keep in mind if you are a seller:
- Do not ever try to sell prohibited items.
- Make sure to protect the product that you are going to ship for your customer.
- Make sure your product listings are accurate.
- Always keep all the shipment and delivery details easy.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s all we have for you on the detailed report about the Mercari. We hope you are now understand everything regarding this platform. However, you can use our comment section and let us know your experience using the Mercari app.