Nowadays, everything is online, be it jobs or schools. Video calling has become a necessity in one’s life. When it comes to video calling, Microsoft Teams is a popularly used software with various features for professionals as well as for general users.
Everything is fine with video calls unless you start facing problem with it. Problems like the camera not working properly are common, and you may face them on Microsoft Teams.
Recently, many users have come up with this issue reporting that their Microsoft Teams Camera was not working. This is a general issue that is to be encountered due to corrupted or outdated camera drivers. There can be other reasons for facing this issue, such as connectivity problems with the camera, the issue with the internet, third-party apps, and others.
Reading this article, you are probably looking for ways to help fix this. Let me tell you; there’s nothing to worry about if you face this issue; this issue is quite common and can easily be fixed. This article will discuss some troubleshooting steps to help fix Microsoft Teams Camera not working on Windows.
Ways to Fix Microsoft Teams Camera not Working on Windows
There are several troubleshooting methods by which users can easily fix Microsoft Teams Camera not working. Follow the steps given below to help fix the Microsoft Teams Camera not Working on Windows-
1. Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before moving ahead in this article, we recommend you follow some basic troubleshooting steps, like-
- You may face this issue due to random bugs. You should try restarting Microsoft Teams app in that case.
- If that doesn’t help, then you should restart your PC.
- If you use an external camera, try reconnecting it to your PC. Also, check for a faulty camera or USB port in case of an external webcam.
- Ensure no other app is using the camera. If any app like Google Meet, Zoom, or such uses the camera, you may face this issue.
2. Update Camera Drivers
You are likely to face this issue due to outdated camera drivers. Updating the camera driver should fix this issue. To update Camera drivers, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for the Device Manager and open it.
- There, double-click on the Cameras section to expand it.
- Right-click on your camera driver, and then click on Update Driver.
- Now, click on Search Automatically for Drivers to update drivers automatically from the internet.
- Now, restart your PC, and that should fix the issue.
3. Reinstall Camera Drivers
You may also face this issue due to corrupted drivers. Generally, issues with camera drivers are the reason behind facing problems with Microsoft Teams Camera. To reinstall Camera Drivers, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + X key combo and click on Device Manager.
- Here, expand the Cameras section by double-clicking on it.
- Here, look out for the camera driver. Right-click on the driver, and then click on Uninstall Device. Confirm uninstalling the device.
- Once done, restart your PC to reinstall the driver.
This should most probably fix the issue. If it didn’t fix the issue, you should move to the next step in this article.
4. Give Permission for Camera
The user should ensure that Microsoft Teams has permission to use the webcam on their PC. To check that, the steps are as follows-
- Press the Windows + I key combo on your keyboard to open the Settings app on your device.
- Next, select the Privacy and Security option appearing on the left sidebar.
- Then click on the Camera option.
- Ensure you have turned on the toggle for Camera access and Let apps access your camera.
- Under the Let apps access your camera section, turn on the toggle for Microsoft Teams. If you are using a browser to access Microsoft Teams, then turn on the toggle for that browser.
5. Run Camera Troubleshooter
We recommend running the camera troubleshooter if you are still facing the issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start Menu, search for the Settings app and open it.
- Under the System tab, click on Troubleshoot option.
- Next, click on the Other Troubleshooter option.
- Now, click on the Run option next to Camera.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the camera troubleshooter.
- Once done, the issue should most probably be fixed.
6. Update Teams App
Another troubleshooting step to follow is updating the Teams app. If you are facing this issue, particularly with the Teams app, then updating the app should most probably fix the issue. To update the Teams app, follow the steps given below-
- Open Microsoft Teams app on your PC.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner, and then from the menu that opens up, click on Check for updates.
- This will check for any updates available and install them.
- After the updates have been installed, restart the Microsoft Teams app.
- Check if the issue is still encountered or not.
7. Reinstall Microsoft Teams App
If updating the Microsoft Teams app didn’t help fix the issue, then we recommend you reinstall the Microsoft Teams app. To reinstall the app, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- On the left sidebar, click on Apps, and then on the right side, click on Apps & features option.
- Here, click on the three dots right next to the Microsoft Teams app and click on Uninstall.
- Once done, reinstall Microsoft Teams app from the Microsoft Store.
- Open the Microsoft Teams app, and sign in to your account.
- This should most probably fix the issue you have been facing.
These were some of the best troubleshooting methods by which users can easily fix Microsoft Teams camera not working on Windows. You can follow the above steps to fix this issue. Generally, this issue is encountered due to outdated or corrupted drivers. In that case, you will have to update or reinstall camera drivers.