Ever thought about writing your text content in such a way that can improve its readability, make things clear and eye-catching to the people. Well writing your content, Strikethrough text, well formatting your text in a proper way plays an important role. It does not only change the looks of your text but also increases its efficiency. It gives your text the ability to be understood faster and properly. And most importantly, it lets you mark the important points so that readers won’t miss them out.
Nowadays, It is very important for people writing online content to have the basic skills in formatting text. The formatting skills helps them increase their value in the market if their content is given a proper foundation which helps readers understand it easily and people will eventually start liking the contents of those writers. Strikethrough is one such formatting technique which people use to hide or cancel the written data.
In today’s world where everything is getting digital and Gmail is the most used path to share information, it is important to format your email messages properly. So that it is delivered to the recipients appropriately. In this article, we are going to learn a few ways to format text in your Gmail such as text strikethrough, bold and highlighting texts and unsubscribe from marketing emails.
How To Strikethrough Text in Gmail
The strikethrough text Gmail is one of the formatting options that looks like (
the strikethrough text Gmail) this. It is considered to be an important option that might be used to grasp something. It actually indicates that the text must not be considered but is still mentioned in the content in case you need it or to let the readers know that you choose to replace it with something different.
Earlier Gmail didn’t have a dedicated option for strikethrough. However, now there’s a simple toggle button. So, to strikethrough your text in Gmail, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on compose mail and fill necessary details
- Highlight the text which you wish to strikethrough
- Look at the bottom right of the email composer, You will see a strikethrough button.
- Click on the button and the test will become strikethrough.
You can also use the strikethrough option with the key combination (Alt-Shift-5)
NOTE: The Strikethrough text formatting will not work if you have not enabled the Rich text option in your email. In order to enable this option, follow the below steps:
- Open your Gmail account and click on Compose to write a new mail.
- Click on the three at the bottom to pop-up a menu.
- Check if the Plain Text Mode is ticked, if yes click once again to untick it.
Highlight Text in Gmail
Though the highlighting in Gmail is not used outside an office environment generally. But it is still possible to do so if you want to. To highlight text in Gmail follows these steps:
- Firstly open your Gmail and click on compose to write a new mail.
- Now type your text and select the part you want to highlight.
- In the compose window select the underlined “A” option next to the “Send” button.
- Now again select the underlined “A” option in the text options pop-up bar.
- Lastly, select the background colour from the left colour pickup tool.
Bold Text in Gmail
Bolding text in your mail helps your content stand out. It draws the attention of the readers and helps them to understand the meaning easily. In order to make your text bold, follow the steps below:
- First, open your Gmail and click on compose.
- Now select the underlined “a” option next to the “send” button.
- Here select the text you want to make bold and then select the “b” option on the pop-up bar.
NOTE: Keyboard shortcut to make your text bold is “Ctrl + B”.
Fast Unsubscribe in Gmail
It is very annoying to constantly receive emails from some email which you must have subscribed in the past but no longer needs it now or maybe some junk mails that past the Gmail filter. However, you can search for the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each mail you want to unsubscribe but Gmail has made it easier for you now. Follow the steps to unsubscribe from such emails:
- First, open your Gmail dashboard
- Now select the mail you want to unsubscribe.
- Select the grey colour “unsubscribe” link next to the sender’s name.
- Click the “unsubscribe” button on the pop-up and you are done.
Congratulations, now you won’t get such emails in your email box.
From Editor’s Desk
Well, these are some of the most and commonly used formatting techniques all around the world. I’m sure you might be familiar with a few of them already like bold and strikethrough text. We will add more of such formatting techniques in the future. So do bookmark this site to read more articles just like this.