Undoubtedly, a gaming controller is convenient and often more comfortable for playing a game over a PC keyboard and mouse. It becomes easy to control the game using the layout button. Therefore, hardcore PC gamers always prefer an external dedicated controller for an amazing experience.
DualShock 4 is one of the key controllers by PlayStation. Its intuitive design and comfortability are simply outstanding with hands. However, numerous PC gamers unable to connect this controller to Windows 11.
I guess you are one of them. Okay, fret not; we have several solutions for this severe issue. Here’s our details guide on how to connect DualShock 4 controller with Windows 11 to follow.
Compatibility of DualShock 4 with Windows 11
We often see questions like does Windows 11 support DualShock 4 or their compatibility. However, the straightforward answer is Windows 11 supports DualShock 4.
But when it comes to compatibility between these two devices is not rosy. You might end up frustrated when DS4 won’t support some particular games. As long as Windows has its console, they prefer the Xbox console for smooth compatibility with Windows 10 and 11.
However, outdated Bluetooth driver also plays a centric role in unsuitable connection. Therefore, keeping up to date with the Bluetooth driver is one of the best rituals you can follow.
How to Connect DualShock 4 Controller with Windows 11
Windows 11 is really smart enough for gaming as it is so focused system for gamers. And has a profound ability to connect to any external device. Here is a super simple process to follow to connect DualShock 4 controller with Windows 11.
1. Steps to Connect DualShock 4 with Windows 11 using Bluetooth
If you have the Bluetooth feature on your system, you can connect the controller easily. Most of the system has an in-built Bluetooth feature, so don’t worry.
Part – 1
Here we will show you steps to connect DS4 with Windows 11.
- Press Windows > Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
- Now turn on Bluetooth by clicking on the toggle button.
- Next, take your DS4 controller, and press the Share and PS buttons for a while until it blinks lights. Blinking its light means it has searched for a new device.
- On the system, click on the Add device.
- And select Bluetooth.
- Now choose the controller.
- It will connect your DS4 controller with your Windows 11.
Part – 2
As already stated outdated driver also won’t allow you to connect the device. Updating your Bluetooth driver can solve the issue. Here’s what to follow.
- Press Windows > Search for Device Manager> Open.
- Now find Bluetooth, and click on the arrow symbol. You will get the Bluetooth list.
- now right-click on the driver, and click on update the driver. You can update the DS4 driver or all for better compatibility.
- Then a dialogue box will appear, click on the Search automatically for drivers.
- It will update your driver.
2. Steps to Connect DualShock 4 with Windows 11 using Steam
Steam is literally a magnificent platform for gamers. It supports DualShock 4, so you can connect the controller to Windows 11 using Steam. This is what you have to follow.
- Open Steam, if you haven’t Steam on your system, download Steam.
- Then create your account or sign in if you have an existing account.
- Here you can connect the devices either using a cable or Bluetooth. If you are using a wired connection, then plug in your cable with the system. For Bluetooth, you have to press and hold the Share and PS button altogether until their lights started blinking.
- Now click on Windows > Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
- Then click on Add device, and choose your controller from the list.
- Next, go back to Steam, and click on Steam from the top left corner. Now choose Settings from the list.
- Click on Controller from the menu, and select the General Control Settings.
- Here you need to check the PlayStation configuration support box.
- You have successfully connected the DS4 controller with Windows 11 using Steam.
To perform these steps, you need working Steam. There are many problems related to connection in Steam. Here are the fixes If Steam could not connect to the network.
However, some users may still face the problem of controlling a game using the controller. But don’t worry. We have another useful method for the same.
3. Install DS4Window to Connect DualShock 4
This is one of the finest ways to use a PS4 controller with Windows 11. It will let your system know that you’re using an Xbox controller. And it makes compatibility between the PS4 controller and Windows 11. Let’s jump into the process.
- Download DS4Windows, and extract the file.
- Now install the executable file by following the instruction.
- Then connect your controller using cable or Bluetooth.
- Whenever you plug in a USB cable, DS4Windows will find the device within seconds.
- If you want to try a wireless Bluetooth connection. Then press and hold Share and PS buttons at the same time.
- Next, connect the device to Windows 11. And you’re good to go.
Learn the Button Layout of the Xbox Controller
Since the PS4 controller works as the Xbox controller on Windows 11. You have to be aware of the button layout of the Xbox controller. So that you get ready before gameplay.
- R1= RT
- R2 = RB
- Triangle = Y
- Square = X
- L1 = LT
- L2 = LB
- Cross = A
- Circle = B
This is how you can connect DualShock 4 controller to Windows 11. Remember to learn about Xbox layout cause the DS4 will act like an Xbox controller. However, if you are still getting problems, let us know in the comment section.