Have you ever tried to download an image from Google Docs? Do you know how to save the image? It’s not that easy how much you think. It is frustrating as you cannot save it by doing a right click and save. If you want to download or save an image in Google Docs, you need to copy each image to a different app and then save it to your device.
If you have one or two images, you can do it. And if you copy and paste the image, the size of the image changes. But what can you do if you want to download a bunch of images from Google Docs? Now, what can you do? Do not worry as we have brought a few methods or tricks by which you can easily download images from Google Docs.
Best Ways to Download Images from Google Docs:-
Let us check out some of the best ways to download all the images from Google Docs. We have brought a few of the best ways which will be helpful for you.
Method 1: Save image as an HTML file
The first method is saving an image as an HTML file. This method is best for saving multiple images at once.
- First open Docs and go to File >> Download as >> web page (.html, zipped)
- Now, open the Download folder or the folder which you have set as default for saving files.
- There you will see the zipped file with the name, which was the same in Google Docs.
- Do double-click on the Zipped file.
- Open the file
- That’s it! All the images are downloaded, and you can see it in _Images_ folder.
Method 2: Save Images via Publish to Web
Using this method involves an in-built feature of Google Docs. Follow the steps and save images by using Publish to Web.
- First of all, open your Google Docs and click on File >> Publish to the Web.
- The next screen will show you an option to publish your docs as a webpage.
- Click on the Publish button.
- You will get a public URL, copy this URL and paste it in the address box.
- Once you paste the link in the box, you will see a webpage of the document.
- Put the mouse cursor to the image and do right-click
- Click on “Save as Image” and download the image to your computer.
- Make sure you enter the appropriate name before you save an image.
Method 3: Use this nifty add-on
- Open Docs and go to Add-ons >> now click on Get add-ons.
- Now, search for Image Extractor and install the add-on.
- It will ask permission to access your google account.
- Again go to your Docs and click on Add-ons >> Image extractor and then click on Start.
- Select the image you want to download
- Please enter the name with which you want to save it. You can see the box on the right side of the screen.
- Now, click on the Download image. That’s it; your image will be saved.
Method 4: Save images via Google Keep
One of the best and easy methods to save an image from Google docs. Google Keep is a free app for personal use, with which you can download any image. Even the app for Android and iOS is available, and the chrome extension can also be downloaded.
Use Google Keep to download the images from Google Docs. Follow the steps carefully and save images.
- First of all, open the document and select the image which you want to download.
- Once you have selected the image, do right-click on the image and tap on “Save to Keep Notepad.”
- A Keep Notepad will open on the right side.
- There, on the image, do right-click and click on Save as Image.
- Then enter an image name and click on save.
By following these steps, you will successfully download an image from Google Docs.
Method 5: Save images via Taking ScreenShot
If you don’t want to follow any steps or you are lazy to follow any process, you can take screenshots of the images. You can take a screenshot using the Lightshot chrome extension, which can be downloaded on Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu apps.
It is one of the easiest and fastest ways of saving images without any worries.
- First of all, open the docs file and select an image that you want to save.
- Once the image is selected, click on the lightshot icon or use the shortcut “Prt Sc” on your keyboard.
- Now, select the area from where to where you want to save the image. (Crop the image)
- Then click on save
- Please enter the name for the image and download it on your device.
Method 6: Save images via WordPress Plugin
If you are a blogger, then you can use a wordpress plugin to publish your docs directly. You can use the Mammoth .docx converter plugin for free.
- First, download the google docs file in .DOCX format.
- To download, go to files >> download as >> save as .DOCX
- Once the file is downloaded, upload it in the WordPress post.
- Install the Mammoth .docx plugin in your wordpress and create a new post.
- On the posting page of wordpress, you will see an option of “Mammoth .docx converter.”
- Upload the docx file and click on import.
- Best Google Docs Alternatives
- Best Work From Home Software For Work Remotely
- How To Do Subscript & Superscript in Google Docs?
- Google Docs, Gmail & Other Google Services Experienced Disruptions