Hulu is a streaming service available in the US. Users cannot watch videos on Hulu outside the US. It is because of the licensing agreement of Hulu that they are not available outside the US.
If you live in the United States, you won’t face any problem streaming Hulu, but you won’t be able to do so when traveling internationally. When you try to watch Hulu outside of the United States, then you will get the following error message-
‘Sorry this video is not available to watch in your current location. Please select something else to watch.’
If you are looking forward to bypassing this error message when trying to watch Hulu in a region where it is unavailable, then this article will help you with it. This article will discuss how to fix Hulu video not available in this location error.
Fix ‘Hulu Video not Available in this Location’ Error
You can use proxy servers, VPN, and SmartDNS to switch to a different location and bypass geo-restriction. Using these services, you can switch your location to the US, and you will be able to stream Hulu. Let’s discuss how you can do so-
1. Using VPN
The first way to fix the Hulu video not available in this location error is by using the VPN service. This will hide your actual IP and redirect your traffic to a different IP address making it seem like you are in a different location. You can use VPN to switch to the US and watch Hulu from wherever you are.
There are both paid and free VPNs. There are some limitations on the free VPN, like no manual server selection, slow speed, etc. Also, Hulu can easily detect free VPNs, so it will be better to use a paid VPN. These paid VPN services allow you to manually select the server and get fast speed.
We recommend you to VPN series like NordVPN, Express VPN, SurfShark, etc., to stream Hulu in a geo-restricted region. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open your device’s application store (Microsoft Store, Play Store, App Store, etc.).
- Here, search for the VPN service that you want to use.
- Select the relevant search result and tap on Getto install it.
- Now, open the VPN app you have installed.
- Select the region as the US on the VPN and tap on Connect to the VPN.
- Once done, open Hulu and stream the content you want.
2. Using SmartDNS
You can also use SmartDNS if you cannot access Hulu due to geo-restrictions. When you use SmartDNS, your server will be switched to a different country, while your IP address will remain the same. You can use SmartDNS like KeepSolid, Unlocator, SmartDNS Proxy, etc., to access Hulu outside the US.
To use SmartDNS on your Windows PC, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- Under the Network & Internet tab, click on Advanced Network Settings.
- Here, click on your network to expand it and click on View Additional Properties.
- Click on Edit next to the DNS server assignment.
- Click on the drop-down menu on the pop-up window, and select Manual.
- Next, turn on the toggle for IPv4/IPv6 and enter the Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS for the SmartDNS you want to use.
- Once done, click on Save to save the changes.
To use SmartDNS on the phone (Android or iOS), follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone and tap on Wi-Fi.
- Now, tap on the Info icon next to the Wi-Fi you are connected to.
- Under the DNS, tap on Configure DNS and tap on Manual.
- Delete your current DNS server now.
- Now, tap on Add Server to add the server.
- Here, type in the DNS of the SmartDNS server you want to use and tap on Save to save the changes.
3. Using Proxy Servers
Another thing that you can do is use Proxy servers to bypass geo-restrictions on Hulu. Proxy Servers are unsafe compared to VPNs as they do not encrypt your traffic. You can use Proxy Servers like SmartProxy, Lime Proxies, IPRoyal, etc., to access Hulu outside the US.
Given below are the steps to use Proxy Servers on Windows-
- Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing Windows + I key combo.
- Here, click on Network & Internet tab on the left sidebar and then on the right side, click on Proxy.
- Under the Manual Proxy Setup, you will see an option called Use a proxy server; click on the Set Up button.
- On the next screen, turn on the toggle for Use a proxy server.
- Type in the Proxy IP Address and Port for the Proxy server you want to use.
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.
To use Proxy Server on your phone, follow the steps given below-
- Head to Settings on your phone.
- Here, tap on Wi-Fi and the Info icon next to the Wi-Fi network you are connected to.
- Tap on Configure Proxy option and select Manual.
- Enter the Server and Port of the Proxy server you want to use and tap on Save.
This is how you can bypass the geo-restrictions on Hulu and use the service out of the US. Following the above methods can fix Hulu video not available in this location error. We hope this article helped you with your query.