As a part of its release cycle, Microsoft rolled out the optional KB5015882 Preview update for Windows 11 systems, which comes with 20 bug fixes and slight improvements.
Some of them include the new Focus Assistant, working similar to the Do Not Disturb mode. Also, there’s a setting that enables the system to download the latest version of the OS whenever it’s restarted. This helps the system to be updated and avoid any security issues.
Windows 11 July Preview Update
Aside from the important security updates Microsoft releases every month’s second Tuesday, the company also releases optional updates called Preview updates. Also known as the “c” update (since released in the third week of every month), these updates contain fixes and petty improvements to existing features.
Also, some of them include the next month’s features too, so users who can’t wait for the next month’s rollout will install it. For Windows 11 systems, users can go to Settings > Windows Update and click on Check for Updates.
Spotting the KB5015882 update, click on it to download and install. It’d then upgrade the build number to 22000.829. For Windows 10 systems, users can download the update directly from Microsoft Update Catalog.
Microsoft mentioned the below changes in Windows 11 KB5015882 update as the major additions and fixes;
- New! Gives you the option to receive urgent notifications when focus assist is on. Focus assist is like a do not disturb mode that hides notifications.
- New! Gives you the option to update to a newer Windows 11 version at the very first startup of Windows if your device is eligible.
- Addresses an issue that causes File Explorer to stop working when you use the play and pause keyboard buttons on certain devices.
- Addresses an issue that causes File Explorer to stop working when you use the Start menu’s context menu (Win+X) and an external monitor is connected to your device.
- Addresses an issue that displays a blank window you cannot close when you hover over the search icon on the taskbar.
Addresses an issue that prevents certain troubleshooting tools from opening.
You can read more about the changes here at KB5015882 Bulletin.